Product Owner at Ascension
What You Will Do
Product Owner is a technology professional responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software Scrum team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product. The product owner is business savvy as he or she is the decision maker regarding what features the product will have. That means, the PO should understand the market, the customer and the business in order to make sound decisions. The PO should also have a technical background so they can contribute to and prioritize technical features as well to achieve the highest performing product.
Accountabilities: Detail by Level
- Provides the vision and direction to the Agile team and stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensures that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plans and prioritizes product backlog and development for the product
- Defines product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assesses value, develops cases, and prioritizes stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Works closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Leads the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provides an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Researches and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Communicates to and manages the product's various stakeholders.
- Understands and makes recommendations for improving the performance metrics of the product.
- Ultimately responsible for successful delivery of products that meet requirements.
- Participates in cross-functional discussions for developing and implementing new processes, standards and high level requirements.
- Designs, develops, modifies and adapts short- and long-term solutions to information technology (IT).
- Contributes to the creation of business driven technology roadmaps.
Fundamental Skills & Abilities
- Understand a business unit's desired end state business model including business strategy, offerings, operations and structure.
- Identify core business capabilities and processes, the entities that interact with those capabilities, and the interactions between these core business capabilities
- Ability to write clear epics and user stories to achieve business outcomes
- Understanding of Software development life cycle
- Ability to derive business value from project requests
- Interpersonal, negotiation, prioritization and relationship management skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to produce high quality work products under pressure and within deadlines.
- Ability to construct an approach/plan for the execution of priorities with guidance from product line leads and/or the sr. business architect
Bachelor's degree in engineering/computer science or related field preferred; minimum of 3 - 5 or more years of experience devising and deploying solution designs and/or software development; experience working in a large global IT environment strongly preferred.
- Must have experience at a large technology products and services organization. Ideal candidate possesses at least two years of consecutive relationship management experience
- 3 years or more experience in an information technology discipline with increasing responsibility.
- Healthcare IT experience preferred
- Agile experience preferred
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 1 year of experience required.• 4 years of experience preferred.• 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.