Senior Director of Product Management at Fivestars
At Fivestars, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 50 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at more than 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with an all-in-one marketing and payments program. Fivestars facilitates over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let’s love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.Who you are:
We are looking for a Senior Director of Product Management who is excited to lead the Fivestars product management team as we tackle the important challenges facing today’s small businesses.
We believe with confidence that the authentic experiences we have at small businesses are an irreplaceable part of our lives. Because of that, we’re passionate about helping small businesses (and their communities) thrive. Most importantly, the right candidate is as passionate as we are about meeting their needs.
The ideal candidate is an empathetic, humble, yet strong manager that has a proven track record of building out product management teams that are known within their organizations for being collaborative, inspirational, and driven.What you’re going to do:
- Mentor and build out a team of world-class product managers
- Define necessary processes to help those product managers (and our broader development teams) ship great product
- Partner with the VP of Product to challenge and refine the Fivestars product vision and strategy
- Work with senior leadership to define and own company-level OKRs in support of our product strategy
- Support the product managers to develop and execute on plans (team OKRs, roadmapping, & prioritization) against this product strategy
- Be a player and a coach: you'll have projects or products that you may own in addition to those of the team
- Occasionally eat a piece of pizza or two or six
- Veteran manager: 6+ years of managing PMs that build and ship products that customers love
- Qualitative and & quantitative: A strength in qualitative & quantitative data research/data analysis best practices
- User-centered: The ability to understand the behaviors and needs of our users, and a desire to prioritize addressing those needs
- Clear communicator: The ability to communicate concisely and convincingly in a way that demonstrates clarity of underlying thought.
- Agile leader: Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and tools and experience implementing agile methodologies across an organization.
- Missionally aligned: Passion about solving problems that help the small business community thrive
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.