Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to join the Customer Support Technology team in Austin, Texas. You and your team will be responsible for the Atlassian customer care ecosystem that has served millions of Atlassian users. You'll envision, implement, operate, and optimize the product platform that powers intelligent self-service support systems, analytics, and smart tools which help Atlassian effectively engage with customers. You'll champion new features and improvements while also reducing technical debt through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
More about you
The ideal candidate is comfortable working with subject areas across different departments within a quick-paced, fast-growing company to deliver outstanding results. You will help craft and drive the major programs of work throughout the teams. You'll bring order and focus while leaving room for flexibility and innovation. You’ll deliver infectious urgency to those around you. You'll be a product manager, mentor, multiplier, influencer, negotiator and awesome communicator rolled into one.
We're specifically looking for technical product managers with passion and experience in software development and enterprise support platforms. Does this sound exciting? You may be the person we are looking for!
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Define, own and lead a value-driven product roadmap
- Coordination with other teams if the work requires running a shared project
- Strong communication of the progress and outcomes of the work to key stakeholders within and outside the organization
- Own the ideation, strategy, technical development, and delivery of business solutions for our support platform
- Identify the underlying business needs, especially when given prescribed solutions or vague requirements
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to platform execution and support of our products
- Build and deliver the business cases for product investments as needed
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of product
- Proactively participate in agile software development methodologies like Kanban or Scrum
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years product management or product design experience
- Experience with enterprise support systems and workflows are a major plus
- Development experience is a major bonus
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities
- Outstanding organizational and analytical abilities
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field is ideal
If you've got some of these skills, even better:
- Excitement about the latest trends in customer service technologies
- Experience as a product evangelist and subject matter authority to the technical/developer community
- Understand, research and follow technology trends in the industry and in general
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc
- Experience monitoring and operating a production-level service
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.