Senior Product Manager, Vertical Markets at Aceable
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:43 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 20, 2019
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Product Manager to lead the growth of our products in new verticals. Aceable has become the market leader in the Driver Education vertical and is experiencing rapid growth in its new Real Estate Education vertical. As it moves into the future, Aceable plans to continue to grow through the addition of other education verticals where it can capitalize on its core strengths.
Starting with our Real Estate Education vertical, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for ensuring that our products continue their rapid adoption and user delight in a scalable, cost-effective manner that enables us to sustainably deliver on our company mission and vision.
The Senior Product Manager will also work cross-functionally and in partnership with Business Development and Marketing to identify and validate product opportunities in new markets. In addition, they will see to it that these products are cost-effectively developed, launch in a timely manner, and grown while ensuring ongoing product-market fit, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
In short, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for seeing that Aceable delivers the products necessary to meet and exceed its overall business goals as it grows its new vertical businesses. This role will report to the Vice President of Product.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 16 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
You are joining a product management team that lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, obsesses about our users and asking why, loves to nerd out on all things product, and enjoys a good ramen. The current product management team is focused cross-vertically to support our business in each of its functional areas of expertise: Learning Experience, Monetization, and Platform. We also have an Associate Product Manager, currently focused on Real Estate, who is extremely talented, humble, and eager to learn from you. As a vertical, business-oriented product manager, you and our Associate Product Manager will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure we achieve student success in each new vertical we enter.
***PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION***
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, evangelize, collaborate and execute on our vertical market product roadmaps while training our marketing and customer service organizations on the go-to-market strategy, value propositions, customer use-cases, needs, and wants
- Continuously perform the necessary market research to fully understand the dynamics and competitive environment in each vertical market
- Continuously perform the necessary user research, and customer segmentation therein, to fully understand the pain points and opportunities that we can address with our products and services
- Work with Marketing, Business Development, and Finance to ensure that products meet their P&L expectations and put these in the context of the market TAM, our market share, and that of our competitors
- Measure and report on user satisfaction and the financial and health metrics of the products
- Communicate the status of initiatives that impact these throughout the product life cycle
- Work cross-functionally to achieve continuous growth of market verticals by expanding their geographic footprint and value-added offerings
- Work with functional product managers and key stakeholders at all levels to manage the product backlog
- Operate in an agile fashion to quickly overcome roadblocks and take advantage of opportunities in the market
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of product management experience required
- Bachelors Degree
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a manner that aligns with our company values
- Demonstrated ability to craft product strategies based on the needs of customers and partners
- Ability to use market research and data to make disciplined, yet agile, product and strategic decisions
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team to define the team’s strategy, operational plan, and detailed roadmap
- Superb analytical skills; ability to translate complex business issues into clear goals and measure against those goals
- Experience managing multiple projects from concept to delivery while meeting schedules and budget
- Experience working directly with Engineering teams in an agile environment to see product roadmaps implemented and adjusted over time
- Ability to effectively influence and inspire others, particularly in cross-functional teams
- Experience product managing mobile software products
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description