Senior Product Manager at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:04 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing enterprise software company that saves lives?
Our mission is to reduce emergency response times and increase situational awareness for first responders. Our cloud-based emergency 9-1-1 dispatch platform and analytics software is the future of emergency response. In the last 12 months, we’ve signed major customers and have increased our recurring revenue more than twentyfold. In this new stage of growth, we’re looking for passionate, dedicated team members who will play a critical part in building the foundation of our team.
As a Senior Product Manager you will help drive the product roadmap for an emergency communications platform that provides unprecedented situational awareness to 911 call-takers, dispatchers and first responders alike. Your role will be highly visible internally and externally, frequently interacting with internal stakeholders as well as partners and customers.
What You'll Be Doing at RapidDeploy
- Collaborate with customers, partners and prospects to build an innovative ecosystem that knows no data silos or interoperability challenges
- Conduct primary research with customers and partners to identify product priorities & feature requirements
- Translate business objectives and strategic priorities into a prioritized backlog of Epics and User Stories that provides clarity to all Feature Teams
- Balance the needs and desires of different stakeholders in the ecosystem (call-takers, dispatchers, responders)
- Write product requirements and user stories, provide input for design (UX/UI)
- Travel to RapidDeploy R&D hub in Cape Town in person to evangelize US customer user experience and ensure global team cohesion
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Engineering during design, build, test and launch of new features
- Build in voice of customer and user feedback throughout the product life cycle, conduct focus groups and user summits
- Clearly and confidently communicate via demos, feature summaries and other artifacts to both internal and external audiences
- Help mentor junior Product Management talent
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the value and functionality of the product
What You'll Need to Be Successful in This Role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University
- 5+ years of work experience in a Product Management capacity in a technology company
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership
- Knowledge of agile software development practices (e.g., scrum)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated successful customer interaction capabilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment
- Ability to successfully manage ambiguity tied to early phases of design
- Based in Austin, TX or willing to relocate
- Interest in Emergency Services & Public Safety is a strong plus
- Requires up to 30% travel, including travel to Cape Town, SA
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description