Unity’s Games-Digital product team is seeking a Product Strategist. In this critical role, your responsibilities will include informing and influencing the short and long-term roadmap of the games business. In order to accomplish this, you’ll need to develop a deep understanding of Unity’s current game development products and identify where gaps and opportunities exist that would help solve hard problems for game developers.
The games industry is substantial and full of different roles from programmers to quality assurance to artists. The ability to learn and understand those individual roles, trends, technologies and workflows is essential. You will translate those findings into meaningful insights and recommendations for product solutions.
You are owning the initiative of growing Unity’s games business user base through innovative product solutions!
This role reports to the Senior Director of Product, Games-Digital.
What you’ll be doing
- In the first 90 days, completely understand and investigate the current games product portfolio
- Drive work cross-functionally across Unity to understand customer needs and, within your first six months, present recommendations from those insights
- Partner with leaders across the organization to inform strategic Games-Digital product and roadmap decisions
- In your first year, identify a multi-million dollar product opportunity (build/acquire/license) within the game development industry through quantitative and qualitative data and research
- Collaborate with product, product marketing, and finance to develop viable business models for the new product
What we’re looking for
- Have launched successful products in previous roles
- Validated experience working or collaborating with games companies or products
- Passion for identifying and solving new challenges
- Proven track record of solving hard product problems
- Proactive communicator and master organizer - no questions are left unanswered, because you’re always ahead of the game and providing insight into what we’re doing, why we’re doing it, and when we’re doing it
You might also have
- Excels in a fast paced, dynamic, and international environment
- Experience using Unity is a plus
- Previous experience working at a SaaS company
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.