FloSports, a leader and innovator in digital sports media, is currently seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our Live Scoring and Results Data team.
About the Team: At FloSports, we aim to elevate our events and content with rich sport data, at every point in the event lifecycle: before, during, and after. Before the event, we’ll display sport data in the form of team and athlete rankings, seedings, and entries. During the event, the data your team collects will power on-screen scoring graphics, live scores throughout the apps, personalized notifications, automated recordings, and more. Post-event, your data helps tell the story of the event, and powers engaging features like Rankings.
The Live Scoring and Results team is responsible for sourcing data from various sports, building an organized data ingestion system, and making this data readily available to our various customer-facing teams (the FloSports apps).
About the Role: You’ll be the product owner of the back end systems powering Live Scoring and Results at FloSports. As a senior level product manager, you’ll develop a shared vision and thoughtfully prioritized roadmap for sport data at FloSports, aligning engineers, designers, and your fellow product managers.
You’ll maintain a strong understanding of how our multiple complex systems interact, and ensure it scales as we add more sports and variables into the systems.
In order to deliver authentic experiences to niche sports audiences, you’ll rely on your natural curiosity, diving into passionate communities to gain a deep understanding of scoring and results for that sport. From hot laps in racing, repechages in jiu-jitsu, and the differences between a raw score, performance score, and event score in Cheerleading, you will become an expert in the sports we cover to generate clear product requirements for your team.
You’ll build strong relationships with your teammates and “customers” across the company, and use clear communication to manage work dependencies and timelines. You’ll manage relationships, even when you aren’t able to say yes to everyone.
Our company is based in Austin, TX. This position is open to fully remote candidates located in the US.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management
- A natural curiosity. Eager to learn and dive into details of new territory in order to create clear product requirements
- Highly organized, with a knack for crystal clear documentation and user stories
- Ability to think holistically and connect the right dots between many different systems
- Creative problem solver. Able to proactively identify real obstacles and work with a team to find effective solutions.
- Ability to analyze and understand business impact of competing ideas and initiatives. You’re a ruthless prioritizer amongst a long list of options, ensuring your team is focused on the highest impact items.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- “Think like an owner” mentality and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills. Understanding of how to adapt your language for the audience. Comfortable communicating with everyone from the C-Suite down.
- Smart, confident, highly competent, and humble. An all-around good person.
- Prior experience working with data
- Passion for sports
- Experience in media, especially OTT media is a plus
- Experience working with live production teams, especially in sports
- Understanding of best practices of effective and scalable API development
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience or interest in one of the many sports we cover
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment