Managing real-time 3D content is hard, especially for large production teams with complex content delivery needs. Game and application developers need robust and reliable end-to-end solutions for building, organizing and managing assets. The Addressable Asset System enables developers to focus more on their product experience and less on low-level content management and build infrastructure. Unity’s Live Content team is building tools and technologies that make it easier for developers to manage, build, and release content across the globe. Our features and services unlock the potential for all creators to deliver the what - new worlds, new characters, new levels, etc. - with less worry about the how.
As a Technical Product Manager on our team, your goal will be to develop a deep understanding of Unity’s tools and services, the challenges we face in the market, and how we can best enable our customer’s success. You will interact directly with our customers, gather feedback, and provide the development team insights to ensure we are building products our users value.
- Assemble the product roadmap and product requirements from multiple sources (e.g. strategic planning, developer feedback, usability, competitive assessment, sales, customer interaction), understanding both current and future customer needs
- Capture and technically document feature requests from an array of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Conduct and participate in daily engineering discussions
- Write epics, use-cases, user stories, functional specifications, or other feature descriptions
- Work with UX/UI design to develop workflow diagrams, storyboards and wireframes
- Communicate product plans upwards to align strategies before development starts
- Assist in building business cases and data-driven insights for new business initiatives
- Experience in a Product Management role
- Experience managing a full product lifecycle - from initiation to launch and ongoing improvements
- Experience organizing and managing content for games or applications
- Experience with real-time 3D content and build pipelines
- Experience in creating alignment in cross-discipline and cross-organization teams
- Experience with software as a service products
- Knowledge and experience in content streaming and efficient content delivery approaches
- Can communicate the success of a product from multiple angles (i.e. business goals, user goals, technology goals)
- Ability to work autonomously, with teams and stakeholders globally distributed
- Knowledge and ability to effectively discuss technical and UX requirements with engineers and designers
- The ability to build a holistic strategy for a set of products, tools, or services
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.