Vice President of Product
As VP of Product, you will be responsible for guiding and leading teams consisting of both direct product manager and user experience team reports as well as matrixed employees from across the business to address current and emerging opportunities in higher education. If you have a history of developing and executing innovative solutions to enhance user experience, drive product strategy, and achieve business objectives – we’d love to chat with you!
- Identify compelling market opportunities and create a product strategy to exploit those opportunities.
- Build and evangelize overall short and long-term product vision and strategy that differentiates our offerings in the market.
- Guide and coach Product Managers and UX Designers through the entire product life cycle from new product ideation through implementation support.
- Prioritize across and within multiple product lines to select the best ideas from many good ones to win the market.
- Work closely with engineering to define a unified product road map, requirements, and product specifications across distinct products while addressing business and technical superiority in the market.
- Develop relationships with customers and prospects to deeply understand their needs and build an awareness of the competitive landscape to learn how 1) our products stack up technically, and 2) are positioned in the market
- Use analytics tools to make smarter, more data-informed product and project decisions.
- Inspire, motivate, professionally develop, and lead a team of top performing product managers and UX designers
- Provide input to the executive leadership team and participate in decisions pertaining to the overall company direction.
- Collaborate closely with sales and product marketing on core messaging and positioning, RFP responses, proposals, and pricing and packaging for the product portfolio.
- Develop and/or improve tools, systems, processes, and procedures to increase department efficiency and effectiveness.
- Acts as a spokesperson for the company and provide thought leadership at conferences and with press, analysts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of product management experience with a track record of delivering large-scale SaaS solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team of product managers and UX designers in a fast-paced work environment.
- Deep understanding of the economics and dynamics of the enterprise SaaS space with a track record of significant (50% or more) year over year product revenue growth.
- Strong background in agile development and with continuous delivery development methodologies.
- Experience shaping products from a strategic level with a deep understanding of tactical technical realities.
- Proven ability and desire to engage with customers, get to the root understanding of their needs, and translate those needs clearly and articulately into the product development process.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade others as appropriate.
- Exceptional strategic, visionary, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Strong communication, influence, and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to create clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively direct overall operations in order to maximize revenues and profits.
- Ability to recruit and attract top talent to strategically grow and transform the organization.
- Passionate about building great products; take extreme pride in the products that are built.
- Stays current on new technologies and UX design best practices.
- Enjoy managing and developing a high performing team and celebrating their success
- Gets things done without getting mired in bureaucracy.
- Are tech savvy and have experience working in a high growth technology environment (in education sector a plus).
Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 325 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k plan. We also have a generous flexible, paid time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.