VP, Product Management at Experian
Experian Partner Solutions (EPS) helps 300+ businesses protect their 60M+ customers by building enterprise-level identity, credit, and data breach cybersecurity SaaS products in a white-label (B2B2C) branded format. Experian Partner Solutions and its ‘sister’ business unit Direct-to-Consumer form Experian Consumer Services, a $900M business segment inside the $5B global information services company commonly known as Experian.
The Vice President of Product Management will manage Experian’s Partner Solutions Products and drive the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with product development, sales, marketing and client services to ensure revenue growth and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Vice President of Product Management role also includes ensuring that the product supports Experian’s overall strategy and goals.
This is a key Product Management role with the responsibility of leading strong product methodologies and commercial product processes.
- Responsible for the product strategy and product lifecycle from understanding market needs, identifying product opportunities, developing revenue generating products and services, training and launch.
- Lead a commercially focused product organization with balanced management across product development, market and competitive drivers, revenue and profit growth and sales pipeline.
- Drive long term product strategy – mapping product strategy to a global business strategy/operating plan/strategic plan.
- Use market research, competitive analysis, and product positioning to drive product strategy; driving research and gathering insights into current and target customer segments by partnering with the analytics, client delivery and customer service, marketing and communications functions.
- Drive focus on user / product analytics to provide insight back into product strategy and roadmap as well as eventual commercialization/packaging of analytics to clients.
- Be a champion for User Experience and User Interaction. Integrate engagement philosophies into product vision, strategy and user experience. Develop a complete understanding of how and why consumers use the products, services, platforms and technologies of the organization and identify repeatable use-cases and verticals.
- Lead product development efforts with outside agencies and other third parties.
- Deliver prioritized features and corresponding justification in terms of product revenue, market needs and client priorities.
- Partner with EPS business development team to work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and aid sales and marketing teams with insight to improve sales differentiation and market position.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Direct client engagement to determine market needs is central
- Work with other Experian business units to create the best and broadest possible relationships within the financial services, insurance, and other key markets for EPS.
- Serve as senior leader and thought partner on the EPS executive team and the senior product and technology teams across Experian Consumer Services as a whole. Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategies as a member of the leadership team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technology teams to develop Technology stack and Methodology Requirements, Product/Business Requirement Documents, Product Launch Requirements and Market Requirements Documents that map the product strategy to the suite of existing products.
- Create and constantly update and improves the portfolio of products to maintain relevance and support customer acquisition, satisfaction and retention. Apply end-of-life plans as needed.
- Ensure competitive intelligence and competitive market activity is integrated into Product Strategy; capturing and disseminating market intelligence and identifying “White Space” opportunities for the company-identifying customer needs, keeping abreast of industry trends and translating them into opportunities for the company.
- Bachelor's degree / MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a Product Management with a strong focus on both product development and commercial product management
- Preferred experience in B2B2C product platforms
- Have an intimate knowledge and experience of data, analytics and technology
- Preferred experience in credit and financial (or related) markets
- Leadership and consensus-building abilities with a proven track record of coordinating and mobilizing resources productively
- Experience in handling complex and large datasets
- Highly professional and credible - interacting at all levels both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in large, matrixed organizations
EOE Including Disability/Veterans