Agile Partner / Scrum Master, Commercial IT at Invitae (Austin, TX)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
As Invitae builds a diverse workforce, our vision is to cultivate a place where we all belong. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion mission is to engage, develop, and retain talent by fostering community, providing education and support, and advancing inclusive research and health equity globally. We use the title of “Agile Partner” from “Scrum Master” to reflect our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and to reflect our philosophy of how we work at Invitae.
Invitae is looking for an experienced Agile Partner/Scrum Master to help our Salesforce (SFDC) Product and Platform teams adopt Portfolio Kanban, and move towards a lightweight Essential SAFe model. You will be responsible for establishing & driving Agile standards for both the SFDC Product team and Platform team Agile standards. You will optimize the flow of Portfolio Kanban, while pulling key levers that increase sprint team velocity while decreasing production defects. You will receive direction and context from the SFDC Product and Platform leads and the Head of Enterprise IT.
What you’ll do:
- Establish rigor on Iteration schedules and scope; increase sprint velocity.
- Establish rigor on how we define, organize, relate and model dependencies, and manage Epics/Features/User Stories.
- Increase rigor on estimate normalization and helps the team understand how to estimate.
- Introduce & establish Program Increments; coach various business and system leads on prioritization, hypothesis testing and MVP frameworks.
- Actively facilitate platform-level events including (but not limited to): daily stand up, iteration planning, iteration review, and iteration retrospective.
- Actively facilitate product-level events, including (but not limited to): Product Roadmapping, PI Planning, Sprint Planning, System Demos, and PI Retrospectives.
- Provide support to the Platform lead with backlog grooming/management.
- Facilitate the removal of impediments/blocking issues.
- Co-lead the transition to Release Trains and multiple Agile (Platform) teams.
- Provide relevant metrics to gauge team progress with a continual focus on improvement.
What you bring:
- 6+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- 2+ years experience in Salesforce ecosystems
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM, SAFe Scrum Master/SSM, PSM I)
- Ability to work in the US Pacific Time Zone
- Certified Scaled Agilist (Leading SAFe)
- Certified Advanced Scrum Master (A-CSM, SAFe Advanced Scrum Master/SASM, PSM II/III)
- Admin/configuration experience with JIRA
- Experience working with Release Train Engineers (RTEs)
- Experience in the Healthcare industry (or other highly regulated industries)
At Invitae, we’re changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.