Agile Project Manager at AlertMedia
Our Agile Coaches work directly with development teams to help drive consistent, iterative process improvement and make sure every day we’re better at developing and delivering software than we were the day before. For one team that might mean facilitating Sprint Planning & Retrospective sessions, while for another it could be tracking throughput and keeping the team honest about WIP limits to keep their Kanban process running as smoothly as possible. From the part of the product they own, to the kinds of projects they work on, to the individuals themselves, each team is different. You’re not there to dictate the one true process to end all processes, but rather to help each team find what works best for them with an eye towards Agile values and principles.
Who you are:
You love using your strong organizational and interpersonal skills to help others be the best they can be. Working on a team to build a product that solves real customer challenges excites you. You’ve actually read the Agile Manifesto and know that it’s about more than just renaming all your meetings and writing user stories. When a conversation goes off the rails, you can rein while making sure everyone feels like they’ve been heard. You’re comfortable not always having the right answers and are even more comfortable asking questions to try and get at them.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Foster a team spirit of collaboration, transparency, and continuous improvement.
- Facilitate regular meetings across several development teams, including stand-ups, retros, plannings, and backlog grooming.
- Use tools like Jira and Confluence to help facilitate an understanding of your teams' workload both within and across teams.
- Track and regularly report on teams' progress towards goals and milestones.
- Design and refine process improvements collaboratively with development teams and the rest of the PMO
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills in collaboration with other engineering and product teams.
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values, and vision for the future.
- 3+ years of experience working with development teams
- 2+ years of experience in a Scrum Master/Agile Coach role with teams building a SaaS product
- Experience using tools like Jira and Confluence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify, analyze, and quickly resolve conflict
- Strong understanding of Agile values and principles and how to apply them to software development
- Familiarity with multiple Agile frameworks and techniques (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc)
- Strong desire to learn, grow, and experiment with new tools, processes, and frameworks
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company four years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.