Liquibase Developer Advocate at Datical
Datical transforms the way businesses build software with an industry-leading database release automation solution. Our growing list of Fortune 500 customers love us because we enable them to reduce the time it takes to bring their apps to market while eliminating security vulnerabilities, costly database errors, data loss, and downtime.
Our leadership team has a proven track record of technology startup success and understands the benefits of a truly collaborative culture. No punks and no jerks here. We're a passionate team that enjoys delivering technology to empower our customers to deliver better applications, faster. We were named a Cool Vendor by Gartner and just received series C funding. It's a great time to be part of our success story.
We are looking for a digital-savvy Open Source Developer Advocate to build Liquibase brand awareness and loyalty. This person will be responsible for being the voice of Liquibase: aligning all Liquibase-related communications, PR, social media, and marketing content to create a strong brand identity. You will be the first point of contact for online fans and followers of Liquibase, thus developing an intimate relationship with the Liquibase community.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep passion for building communities around open source technology. You must also have a proven ability to plan and execute initiatives autonomously, stay abreast of new developments and opportunities in the industry, and be a strategic thinker. You must have an outgoing personality since in-person networking will be part of the job.
What you’ll be doing:
- Promote the Liquibase open source project and grow the user base
- Work with the founder of Liquibase to build relationships with Liquibase users, industry professionals and journalists
- Represent Liquibase publicly at conferences
- Write (or recruit others to write) articles about Liquibase for blogs, online news and media sites, as well as giving presentations to spread the word about the Liquibase
- Organize and manage events to boost brand awareness
- Monitor and manage the Liquibase presence and reputation in online communities, such as GitHub, Reddit, Stack Overflow and others
- Produce and evangelize Liquibase best practices, code snippets, how-to’s and other content to better engage users
- Manage the Liquibase Community website and forum
- Respond to Liquibase questions and comments in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the founder of Liquibase, Marketing, PR and Communications teams
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments
- Stay up-to-date with DevOps, Cloud and Application Development technology trends
What we’re looking for:
- Strong technical background, software development or DevOps background is a plus
- Proven work experience as an open source project community manager or developer advocate
- Passionate about open source and the developer community
- Experience creating engaging content for all platforms, including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, and videos
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Experience with LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit and Stack Overflow is essential
- Superb time management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree is an advantage
- 3+ years experience in a similar role for open source projects, preferably working with developers and DevOps audiences
Why You'll Like Working Here:
- Work on cutting edge technology
- Get an inside look into how some of the world’s largest brands and companies manage their software teams and releases
- A transparent and collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- No punks, No jerks
- Everyone is a shareholder in the company
- Rich benefits package with generous medical allowance and company paid long- and short-term disability
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Weekly company all-hands with lunch!
- Casual dress code
- Subsidized Gold's Gym membership (Gold's gym is within walking distance of us!)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
Datical is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, and veteran status.