Manager, Professional Services
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
As a Delivery Manager, you will lead a team of resources within Professional Services. This team may consist of individual contributors or Delivery Lead(s) and their associated teams. The Delivery Manager serves in a managerial role and will handle leadership responsibilities within the team in addition to performing individual customer project work.
This role is responsible for the effective and billable utilization of the team. The Delivery Manager will be responsible for a portion of the customer portfolio management either by delivery area, customer, issues or knowledge area. The Delivery Manager is responsible for the human resource, performance management and staff development of the team. This role will heavily support Professional Services operations within the team. They are accountable to make sure the individuals on the team provide high quality deliverables, within budget and on-time deliverables to their customer projects.
You are a part of a larger cross functional team consisting of business analysts, business consultants, technical consultants, conversion analysts, developers, engagement managers, managers and leads. It is the Delivery Manager’s responsibility to collaborate with the cross functional team and with Delivery Leads, Portfolio Managers and other Delivery Managers to drive delivery excellence and key metrics of the Professional Services organization.
Staff Management Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Professional Services team members
- Participate and or lead efforts in recruitment, retaining, and developing team members capable of delivering high quality services
- Motivate and inspire team members and ensure they have the resources to be successful
- Measure and help improve employee performance through quarterly check-ins and mid-year and annual performance reviews and goal planning.
- Leads by example, with energy, passion, enthusiasm and acts with integrity.
Professional Service Operations Responsibilities
- Responsible for team productivity against the Effective and Billable Utilization targets.
- Ensuring you and your team are adhering to the Operations and Information Management standards
- Understand the specific goals for revenue, gross margin, and EBIT for the practice and responsible for working to meet those metrics
- Forecasting resource needs to match sales bookings
- Work with Offshore or other partners to assist with delivery of work
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the vertical specific needs
- Assist with project escalations.
- Work with Business Development to provide scopes or estimates and in developing go to market strategies for the specific vertical.
- Strong understanding of the product in various roles beyond your own to which you’re performing.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Managing multiple priorities, including balancing your workload and the monitoring of your team members’ workload
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively independently, as part of a group, and to provide leadership for team members
- Strong attention to detail and pro-active quality control
- Able to maintain composure in unfamiliar situations
- Previous Management Experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Travel up to 25% annually
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.