Program Manager, Oncology Assays at Invitae (Austin, TX)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life. Our team pushes this mission forward specifically for cancer patients, with our sights on making genomic testing the standard of care for all patients.
As a Program Manager for oncology assays, you will play a key role in developing and driving expansion of our genomic platform capabilities and building our systems to provide millions of tests to serve cancer patients. We work with teams across the company to build and scale assay chemistry, lab automation, bioinformatics, software and reporting solutions that work seamlessly to deliver genomic insight to patients at scale. Our work encompasses traditional germline testing, as well as tumor profiling and emerging liquid biopsy applications.
What you'll do:
- Building clinical tests at scale requires attention to detail and strategic vision. We work cross-functionally with molecular biologists, automation engineers, bioinformaticians, and software engineers to make this happen
- When we design a new product or new lab workflows, we synthesize input from a range of stakeholders to define the core feature set required and help the team determine the best equipment, software, and implementation strategies needed to take a product from concept to operational
- Design is the beginning of the process but our job doesn’t end there. We coordinate resources needed for early evaluation, development, quality testing, and ongoing support of the processes and software that enable these genetic tests
What you bring:
- Working knowledge of genetics and next generation sequencing technologies and molecular approaches (PhD, MS or equivalent experience)
- Experience managing software and/or hardware development projects
- Hands-on experience with laboratory automation equipment and assay design for these systems
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, especially with lab automation engineers, software engineers, bioinformaticians and scientists
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills - including the ability to map out components of a project and create an estimated timeline for the work
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish solid relationships and elicit cooperation from a variety of stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment. Flexible to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines; able to promptly and efficiently react to project adjustments and changes
- The ability to synthesize and integrate information from multiple sources, make a decision and develop & execute a plan
- Exquisite attention to detail and organization
Nice to haves:
- Experience in oncology research or assay development
- Experience managing molecular diagnostic assay / genetic test development and validation projects under design control and in compliance with CAP/CLIA and/or FDA regulations
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Experience leading program teams
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
SCHEDULE: Mon - Fri, traditional PST hours
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.