Program Manager, Principal at Blackbaud
The Customer Operations Readiness Team within Solutions Management partners with key stakeholders to help Blackbaud successfully launch new products, solutions, services, as well as significant upgrades. The Customer Operations Readiness Team coordinates and drives Customer Operations launch readiness success by ensuring that key CustOps stakeholders are represented and informed throughout the launch effort. The Customer Operations Readiness Team was formed to ensure that when new product launch initiatives began, each CustOps business unit and stakeholder group is aware – and actively preparing – for whatever is needed get done for the project to be considered a "Go" for launch.
As a Principal Program Manager in our Customer Operations Solutions Management team, you'll work with a passionate team responsible for cross-team programs and projects, strengthening our project management discipline, leading Customer Operations business readiness, and striving towards operational excellence through effective process management.
You will leverage your program management experience and savvy to tackle and conquer challenges. We are looking for a Principal Program Manager with excellent communication and collaboration skills to lead diverse teams across Customer Operations, focused on leading technical programs and projects for our Business Readiness portfolio
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead strategic or complex projects across multiple project teams and/or departments.
- Drive collaboration and communication necessary to ensure program success, including successful integration of projects and dependencies.
- Work with cross-functional teams within Customer Operations and key stakeholders to charter initiatives and build detailed roadmaps and project plans.
- Provide constant, ongoing communication to ensure barriers/obstacles to initiatives are removed and necessary support is provided.
- Ability to translate complex, broad initiatives into a value proposition with a clear vision and business case.
- Ability to drive engaging and action-oriented management routines and build report-outs to foster fact-based oversight and keep programs and projects on track.
- Ability to identify synergies and manage dependencies between projects.
- Know-how to leverage technologies to manage complex portfolio of initiatives and drive engagement.
- Ability to drive initiative capacity management.
- Ability to engage with teams and support deliverable execution to help teams meet deadlines.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- At least 7-10 years of hands-on experience in as many of the following areas as possible – program and project leadership, organizational change management, agile methodology, and technology leadership
- At least 2 years of experience within Customer Operations Services or Support business units
- PMP certification is desired
- Experience with software engineering and technology organizational maturity
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification and/or Lean experience is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills