Amherst is hiring for an experienced Project Manager that has experience leading and driving results in the management of agile based software development projects. We desire quantitative thinking individuals that will be responsible for providing project information transparency, improve efficiency in planning and execution, possess leadership skills that evoke creativity and team innovation and demonstrate an intrinsic ability to deal with change.
An ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess excellent communication and negotiation skills and have significant experience in managing software development and IT project teams to meet their goals. We desire those who are passionate about Agile best practices, yet highly focused on the business goals and can adapt their thinking and style.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple concurrent development projects
- Work closely with Product Owners to maintain product backlog, assisting with prioritization and resolution of issues
- Manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery for technical projects assigned to you providing regular status updates to key stakeholders
- Provide day-to-day communication, coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks, including informing stakeholders when any concerns or risks arise regarding the project
- Participates in overseeing project implementation, team motivation, facilitates discussion, manages conflict resolution
- Use quantitative skills to manage data and build reports/dashboards using visualization software systems
- Create advanced PowerPoint presentations for internal and external audiences – charts, animation, status reporting, etc.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- 5+ years of software development project management experience
- Experience leading projects following Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills are a MUST; We desire someone with extreme multi-tasking capabilities with a “get things done” attitude and approach for every project thrown your way
- Proficiency with MS office suite of tools with moderate to advanced skills in Excel
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Intellectually curious with the ability to quickly pick up technical tools and processes
- Ability to collaborate and quickly build relationships with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately held corporation and is located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a beautifully renovated modern work space with the latest technologies. A competitive compensation package, semi-annual bonus, 401k, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time, employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision). We offer daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks, relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!