Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing enterprise software company that is saving lives? RapidDeploy is hiring a Project Manager for our Austin headquarters to join our passionate & mission-driven team.
Our mission is to reduce emergency response times and increase situational awareness for first responders. Our cloud-based emergency dispatch platform & 911 analytics software is the future of emergency response. We’re replacing dinosaurs and their legacy on-premise solutions that are expensive and hard to deploy, don’t scale, and are years behind in terms of features & interfaces. In the last 6 months, we’ve signed major customers and have increased our recurring revenue more than tenfold. In this new stage of growth, we’re looking for passionate, dedicated team members who will play a critical part in building the foundation of our team.
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
As a Project Manager on our team, you will be working directly with customers to manage the deployment of RapidDeploy products. You will engage with customer stakeholders at all levels of the organization and coordinate with internal groups to ensure project success. This encompasses tasks in the entire lifecycle of the customer deployment, from kick-off through production go-live. In an industry where trust and relationships are paramount, this is a critical function where we need a star performer who can make a difference and grow with the role.
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years in Project and/or Program Management, leading complex technology projects in a client-facing role
- Experience managing Enterprise SaaS deployments
- Hands-on experience managing multiple simultaneous customer implementations in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and coordinating with product, engineering, QA, customer success, and other key internal stakeholder groups
- Experience creating and managing project schedules with complex dependencies
- Experience analyzing customer needs and workflows and configuring software applications to meet customer needs
- Understanding of and experience with leading project management methodologies, including both Waterfall and Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience utilizing modern Project Management tools to plan and execute projects
- Bachelor's Degree required (ideally from a top-tier university)
Preferred (these are considered a plus, but are not required for consideration for this role):
- Experience serving the Public Safety industry
- Knowledge of the Public Safety industry, including applicable technologies, market landscape, industry players, etc
- Background in configuring and deploying public safety software
What you’ll be doing at RapidDeploy:
- Personally manage implementation projects for customers, primarily small and medium size accounts
- Provide direct support to client stakeholders (across all organizational levels) to coordinate implementation activities and ensure appropriate communication channels are in place
- Proactively manage project scope and schedule, as well as manage risks/issues and related mitigation strategies throughout project execution
- Develop a deep understanding of RapidDeploy products to support customer deployment, training, and onboarding activities
- Configure RapidDeploy products to the customer’s needs, build customer profiles, and activate critical customer interfaces
- Contribute to customer onboarding, training and change management
- Create documentation & presentations for both internal and external consumption
- Coordinate with Product Management to convey product feedback and feature requests and to support the evaluation of potential product features based on customer needs and lessons learned
- Contribute to RFP responses and other sales activities, as needed
- Contribute to the vision and mission of RapidDeploy by helping where you can – we are a fast-growing technology company in a dynamic market environment and job requirements are subject to frequent changes
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (10x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Learn more at RapidDeploy.com
- Austin, TX or willing to re-locate
- Up to 25% (Domestic)
Job Type: Full-time