Project Manager at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:53 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, July 16, 2020
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 350 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
As a Project Manager on our team, you will be working directly with customers to manage the deployment of RapidDeploy products. You will engage with customer stakeholders at all levels of the organization and coordinate with internal groups to ensure project success. This encompasses tasks in the entire lifecycle of the customer deployment, from kick-off through production go-live. In an industry where trust and relationships are paramount, this is a critical function where we need a star performer who can make a difference and grow with the role.
What you'll be doing at RapidDeploy:
- Personally manage implementation projects for customers, primarily small and medium size accounts
- Provide direct support to client stakeholders (across all organizational levels) to coordinate implementation activities and ensure appropriate communication channels are in place
- Proactively manage project scope and schedule, as well as manage risks/issues and related mitigation strategies throughout project execution
- Develop a deep understanding of RapidDeploy products to support customer deployment, training, and onboarding activities
- Configure RapidDeploy products to the customer’s needs, build customer profiles, and activate critical customer interfaces
- Contribute to customer onboarding, training and change management
- Create documentation & presentations for both internal and external consumption
- Coordinate with Product Management to convey product feedback and feature requests and to support the evaluation of potential product features based on customer needs and lessons learned
- Contribute to RFP responses and other sales activities, as needed
- Contribute to the vision and mission of RapidDeploy by helping where you can – we are a fast-growing technology company in a dynamic market environment and job requirements are subject to frequent changes
Experience and Skills Needed to be Successful
- 3+ years in Project and/or Program Management, leading complex technology projects in a client-facing role
- Experience managing Enterprise SaaS deployments
- Hands-on experience managing multiple simultaneous customer implementations in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and coordinating with product, engineering, QA, customer success, and other key internal stakeholder groups
- Experience creating and managing project schedules with complex dependencies
- Experience analyzing customer needs and workflows and configuring software applications to meet customer needs
- Understanding of and experience with leading project management methodologies, including both Waterfall and Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience utilizing modern Project Management tools to plan and execute projects
- Bachelor's Degree required (ideally from a top-tier university)
- Experience serving the Public Safety industry
- Knowledge of the Public Safety industry, including applicable technologies, market landscape, industry players, etc
- Background in configuring and deploying public safety software
Preferred (these are considered a plus, but are not required for consideration for this role):
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description