Come work at Smarter Sorting!
About the Role
Smarter Sorting is a fast-growing, purpose-driven retail tech company that was named as one of Austin’s “Best Places to Work, 2020". We've got a lot of work to do, and need someone to help herd the cats, keep the trains on the tracks, and many other cheesy euphemisms. You bring structure and discipline to our many initiatives, and make sure that we take our cool ideas, turn them into project plans, and manage them to execution.
What you will be doing:
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines and allocating resources
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects
- Assisting in the definition of project scope and goals
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with leadership team keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed
- Motivating people involved in the project to complete tasks on time
Your skills & experience:
- Understanding of the Project Management Institute (PMI) framework.
- Certified by PMP or IPMA
- Master of Wrike, Asana, etc.
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies (e.g., agile/scrum)
- Proven leadership skills
- Cost and risk management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to make important decisions under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Time management skills
- Friendly and approachable
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
At Smarter Sorting, we are transforming the world through Product Intelligence. Our mission is to create a smarter, more connected world by revealing the underlying chemical and physical truths, and possibilities, of consumer products.
We provide retailers and suppliers the critical data points they need to best manufacture, move, market, sell, and handle products throughout the supply chain. From sustainability to eCommerce to regulatory compliance and everything in between, Product Intelligence is delivered when and where it is needed. At our core, we believe that when you know more, you can do better - for business, for consumers, and for the planet.
We are a team of data geeks, circular economy nerds, and math and chemistry wizards. We live and breathe the mission and values of Smarter Sorting every day, and are excited to be a part of something that just might change the world.
Read Full Job Description