NSS Labs, Inc. is the global leader in operationalizing cybersecurity, empowering enterprises by providing relevant information to reduce the operational burden of cybersecurity and address crucial gaps in their cybersecurity efforts. Our unmatched and well-respected foundation in security testing, along with our enterprise research and global threat analysis capabilities, provide the basis for our CAWS Continuous Security Validation Platform, an advanced platform that substantiates the effectiveness of enterprise security controls and uncovers unmitigated risks to enterprise systems. Using fact-based threat data and objective risk information, CAWS enables businesses to strengthen their cyber risk posture, continuously validate their security controls and take timely action to mitigate threats to their Operating Systems and applications. CISOs, Chief Security Architects, SOC and Threat Analysts, and SOC and information security professionals from many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs. For more information, visit www.nsslabs.com.
The Scrum Master has excellent problem solving and communication skills. You’ll be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done.
- Lead multiple scrum teams implementing the NSS strategy for the CAWS continuous security validation platform.
- Work with other scrum team members to help the team produce quality results at a rapid, though sustainable, pace.
- Help the scrum team improve its internal processes and become more cross-functional, self-organized, self-managed, and self-aware.
- Work with the Product Owner, the organization, and the scrum teams to manage and eliminate impediments and constraints affecting the team.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies and events including sprint planning, stand-ups, demos and retrospectives.
- Mentor the team on scrum and agile processes including estimating features and capabilities.
- Build high-performing scrum teams by managing internal and external disputes, challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Facilitate and reinforce scrum processes.
- Lead team process improvements to increase quality, predictability, flow and velocity.
- Facilitate the tracking of team sprint progress using standard agile metrics, e.g. team velocity, burn down charts, etc.
- Create and maintain scrum processes in Jira that enable the PO and business owner to create CAWS platform roadmap.
- Create and maintain engineering wiki in Confluence.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years with Agile/Scrum development processes.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done.
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams.
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team.
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy.
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing his/her skill set; learning new tools and techniques.
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches.
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization.
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust.
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.