- Understand project stakeholder goals and expectations and assess impact to overall release management strategies.
- Adhere and utilize WFM Program’s Delivery governance structure and processes.
- Plan, in conjunction with delivery leadership, the overall solution operational readiness and release/delivery approach based on the program business and technical objectives. Integrate deployment activities from each project work plan team and clearly capture key deployment milestones and dependencies.
- Provide day to day activities related to all deployment or operational readiness activities (e.g. Change Enablement & Operational Readiness, Service Introduction, Deployment and post Deployment support).
- Manage project teams comprised of team members and contractors. Define team member roles and expectations for rollout.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations. Manage relationships with all relevant suppliers and subcontractors. Monitor their progress and adherence to the contract/delivery expectations.
- Build and maintain relationships with IT teams within other programs. Work to identify dependencies between different large programs and manage cross-program resource allocations.
- Assess program deployment risks, issues and impact on overall solution delivery commitments, objectives, etc.
- Assess options to address the risks and issues and improve the program delivery performance.
- Manage/Lead the creation of multiple release schedules and release management plans based upon planned Whole Foods Retail Systems release cycles.
- Mitigate deployment risks.
- Support the issue escalation and resolution.
- Provide weekly release/delivery status reports and participate in broader leadership status meetings.
- 3 to 5 years of leading Retail enterprise-level applications implementations.
- Proven track record in leading planning and execution deployment of POS Releases, leveraging a matrixed team within a large, complex and critical portfolio. This includes adherence to SLDC deliverables and change management/operational readiness activities.
- Demonstrated strength to build and maintain strong business and IT relationships across teams. This includes ability to hold teams accountable and influence critical business outcomes across a complex organization.
- Must possess professional confidence and credibility with the presence and communication skills to represent IT effectively across a diverse audience ranging from technical teams to senior business and technical leadership.
- Exhibit the flexibility necessary to effectively manage change and thrive in an evolving organization.
- Ability to balance work between immediate demands and long term objectives.
- Know when, where and how to use processes appropriate for the initiative at hand.
- Possess great problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working on complex projects with multi-tier architecture in a global and regional environment.
- Experience in linking cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- Experience operating within a large program, managing multiple priorities in a fast paced and date driven environment.
- Strong knowledge of system and software delivery/deployment best practices and methodologies.
- Experience in working with retail engineering teams as well as retail support principles and practices.
- Experience with POS hardware and peripherals.
- Experience delivering enterprise-minded, holistic solutions within the store systems space.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.