Senior Project Specialist at Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate—about great food, about the communities they live and work in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans—and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference. The Change Enablement Team directly supports that passion by partnering with Global, Regional, and Store teams to understand how we work today and how we can improve and evolve for tomorrow.
Are you constantly creating personal to-do lists? Do you have a spreadsheet for everything? Have you considered exploring a career in project management?
As a Project Management Specialist on the Change Enablement Team, you will drive our Core Value to “support Team Member excellence and happiness” by making work more organized and consistent. You will directly enable the success of WFM change initiatives by partnering with the Project Manager and Change Leads to maintain accurate project schedules, generate status reports, provide clear meeting recaps, elevate risks, and maintain up-to-date project documentation.
This position is right for you if you are a collaborative, detail-oriented team player who values enabling success through organization and efficiency.Responsibilities:
- Maintains accuracy of project schedules in our cloud-based project management system (Workfront).
- Partners with Project Manager and Change Leads to maintain accuracy of scope/planning documents and status reports.
- Tracks dates and deliverables for multiple concurrent projects.
- Assists with resource management on all Change Enablement projects and leads as needed
- Attends regular project meetings, captures notes, and ensures timely communication of Action Items.
- Serves as a primary resource for project- and schedule-related questions for all CE Team Members.
- Elevates schedule changes, work overlap, and project risks to Project Manager and Change Leads.
- Organizes and maintains internal content on the Change Enablement SharePoint site.
- Actively contributes to the ongoing development of project management best practices for the CE Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with proven ability to juggle multiple concurrent work streams.
- Proven ability to execute and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to think and work independently and navigate ambiguity.
- Excellent listening and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to ask insightful, probing questions that drive clarity and understanding.
- Demonstrated skill and tenacity in driving issues to resolution.
- Team player with track record of successfully adapting to different communication styles.
- Appreciation for and adherence to process.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with superior discretion.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. SharePoint experience preferred.
- Comfortable learning new technologies. Familiarity with project management software (Workfront, JIRA, Microsoft Project, etc.) a plus.
- Strong interest in project management as a discipline.
- Ability to receive and react to feedback.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting projects, meetings, documentation, and planning materials.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.