Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 700 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
RapidDeploy requires a Senior Scrum Master to coordinate, coach and facilitate our agile development teams and manage the process of how information is exchanged. The role will include resolving impediments and coaching team members on agile methodologies. You will work across multiple feature teams and help them focus on delivering quality solutions that meet the demands of our ambitious product roadmap. It is the responsibility of the Scrum Master to make sure the team grows into self-organizing, high performance contributors. This role requires a strong communicator, a capable leader and a keen interest in agile frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity
- Facilitate and monitor Sprint ceremonies
- Facilitating getting work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitate the communication across different delivery teams to resolve dependencies and impediments
- Drive learnings across teams to help accelerate experimentation and maturity
- Driving effective change by monitoring and maintaining the Impediment and Retro Action backlogs
- Assisting with internal communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Assist Product Management to prioritise and predictably deliver key roadmap initiatives by regularly reviewing the relevant metrics (Velocity, Control Charts, CFDs)
- Maintain and evolve the Coaching Framework for relevant teams
- Work closely with the development teams, product owners, and project team to pinpoint existing process flaws and identify an agile improvement roadmap to support consistent predictable delivery.
- Research and iteratively implement agile tools and techniques that can benefit a team
- Work with product owners to protect the current sprint commitments
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Certified Agile coach, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), or similar
- Minimum 4 years’ experience leading teams using agile methodologies
- Minimum 4 years as Scrum Master
- Background in software development (preferred)
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Ability to coach multiple teams to reach their highest potential
- Proven ability to work independently without supervision whilst driving decision in a collaborative fashion
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
Behavioral competencies required:
- Strong Communication and mentorship skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
- RapidDeploy is a well-funded, venture backed growth company
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description