Supply Chain Manager at CesiumAstro
Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, Texas, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at http://www.cesiumastro.com.
We are looking to add a Supply Chain Manager to our team. The ideal candidate has experience planning, implementing, and monitoring overall supply chain strategy in order to maximize efficiency and productivity. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing supply chains, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for all supply chain functions including sourcing, contracting, procurement, transportation, inventory management, materials management, and supplier review. Additionally, your analytical skills will contribute strongly, as you provide deep insight into spending patterns, trends, and cost reduction potential as the company continues its rapid growth.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide a generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.
- Direct and coordinate supply chain functions through strategy, resource optimization, and profitability maximization
- Develop detailed project plans and schedules required to effectively monitor and track supplier progress and identify issues and corrective actions related to supplier technical, cost and schedule performance
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for procurement and business growth
- Develop a process of identifying and tracking action items to closure
- Develop and present supplier technical, cost and schedule progress at customer-level status meetings
- Identify and track supplier non-conformances to closure
- Handle communications and negotiations with vendors and suppliers while ensuring all quality standards are met
- Track supply chain effectiveness, efficiency, and opportunities
- Analyze supply chain data and performance to improve productivity and efficiency while reducing costs
- Maintain supply chain inventory and records
- Assist with wide array of additional functions as necessary within rapid growth startup
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience of supply chain experience
- First-hand knowledge of supplier quality systems
- Experience supporting/leading proposal efforts
- Great project management and problem-solving skills
- Experience using an ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to back up conclusions with data
- Time management skills, with ability to separate the important tasks from the noise
- Sense of urgency, with ability to work well under pressure
- Strong Excel skills, with the ability to present concise data to internal and external stakeholders
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience working within the Aerospace industry
- Experience wearing multiple hats at a rapidly growing startup company