Upswing is seeking a creative, team-oriented, entrepreneurial individual with experience managing people and projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The Technical Lead will work cross-functionally to deliver high quality student engagement tools to our users and execute the overall product vision through organized project management. This role will lead our team of engineers and report directly to Upswing's Chief Operating Officer.
About the role:
- The role requires experience in software development and broad technical knowledge with the ability to facilitate the mapping of business requirements to an end to end technical solution.
- Own, lead and manage all aspects of software development projects from conception to production: scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality and team management.
- Manage deployment and release of code to different environments, and be able to communicate effectively and timely to product/business owners as well as other stakeholders
- Negotiate scope, define/identify tasks, assign ownership to tasks, determine dependencies, and communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders alike
- Assume scrum master responsibilities, including prioritizing sprint work, estimating user stories, removing roadblocks for the team, facilitating UI/UX and technical design sessions, and running other scrum ceremonies
- Ensure features are decomposed into executable user stories and use business acumen to assign and prioritize among the team
- Our dev team is lean, so there will be a multitude of opportunities that you can take part in to help you grow professionally from both a technical and leadership perspective. A typical day could be 70% Project Management and 30% Software Development depending on business needs. Adaptability is key in successfully managing the team, projects and contributing directly to development efforts when necessary.
- 3+ years of management experience with a technical and/or product team
- 2+ years working with user stories and prioritizing requirements
- You hold a Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
- You have a teaching mindset and use strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills in tandem with diplomacy and organizational awareness to lead your team to success
- You have a strong work ethic with a "Whatever It Takes" mentality
- Knowledge of EdTech and higher education industries
- PMP certification
- Experience working in an Agile environment and managing scrum meetings
- Background in web applications development is highly desired
- Working knowledge of PDM software and Github
Currently partnered with more than 80 colleges throughout the country, Upswing helps over 600,000 students succeed throughout college. You'll get to work with a team of motivated, intelligent, and fun people at Upswing - all working towards the same mission of student success. We're located in Austin, TX and are excited to meet you!
Company Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary
- Company stock options
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k program
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Stocked snack pantry
- Gym membership
- Company outings and happy hours
- Downtown office overlooking the hike & bike and Lady Bird Lake
- Mission-driven, passionate coworkers and office culture