Technical Project Manager – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is hiring for an energetic, hungry and highly organized Technical Project Manager that enjoys wearing multiple hats and thrives in fast-paced environments. In this role you have a variety of duties in support of our technology team including; managing multiple complex projects concurrently, providing day-to-day communication, coordination for projects and tasks; assisting with prioritization and resolution of issues.
- Oversee projects from design and development to production
- Understand what our users need and work with all the necessary team members to bring the product to life
- Create prioritization system for features and tasks (e.g. Waterfall, RUP, Agile, Kanban)
- Communicate with the Technical Development Team (e.g. analysts, software developers) as well as outside vendors
- Translate between development team and business units
- Oversee and help with the QA testing of the product (e.g. find and track bugs and liaise with the development team)
- Help with defining resources and schedules for project/program implementation
- Help with defining requirements and planing project life cycle deployment
- Plan and schedule project deliverable's, goals and milestones
- Provide leadership to project team members in order to achieve project goals
Skills & Requirements:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- 3-5 years of Project Management and/or Business Analysis experience
- Understanding of the technical architecture of software/web applications
- Experience working with technical developers (e.g. engineers, software developers)
- Experience conveying complex technical/design information in simple, digestible formats to non-technical employees/team members
- Experience with HRIS systems is a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills are a MUST; We desire someone with extreme multi-tasking capabilities with a “get things done” attitude and approach for every project thrown your way
- Intellectually curious with the ability to quickly pick up technical tools and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.