Staff Software Engineer
Who You Are
- 7+ years of application development experience.
- Experience working on a team practicing TDD and ATDD or a desire to learn and utilize these methods.
- Track record of successful high quality delivery of complex systems, despite ambiguity in priorities and requirements.
- History of successful technical leadership and mentorship of junior engineers.
- Proven understanding and application of CS fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as GIT, JIRA, TeamCity, Confluence or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a STEM field, or equivalent self-study of computer science.
What You'll Do
- Lead technical design and delivery on complex features and new systems.
- Work vertically across the entire web stack from the database server to enterprise web services and UI.
- Get along with Product Management to craft phenomenal customer experiences.
- Own the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability and performance of applications.
- Lead engineers to collaborate and deliver complex systems across teams.
- Mentor other specialists on software engineering techniques, process and new technologies.
- Stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluate and incorporate them into your team's architecture.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We have a great open vacation policy.
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.
Do you love solving technical challenges? Do you like working across the stack? Are you excited to revolutionize the savings shopping experience? Come join our team and help us bring solutions to market that change the game. RewardsWe offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following: - Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable- Long Term Incentive Plan- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave- Open & flexible PTO- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week About UsRetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.