Praecipio Consulting is an Austin-based business and IT process consulting firm. As a Platinum Atlassian Enterprise Solutions Partner, we pride ourselves in serving our clients ranging from small startups to Fortune 20 and Global Fortune 10 companies with best-in-class ITSM, Business Process, and SDLC solutions. We are a growing, fast-paced consulting firm and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fun, positive learning environment.
Technical Consultants work on a variety of projects ranging from server and application performance tuning assessments to development process and tools improvements primarily leveraging the Atlassian stack (JIRA Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo). Our ideal candidate is a fast learning, clear communicator with varied experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- IT Service Management / ITIL
- IT Operations
- DevOps / CI CD
- Agile Software Development
- Quality Assurance
Project responsibilities, commensurate with experience and aptitude, may include:
- Leading clients through requirements gathering and process analysis
- Solution build-out and testing
- Deployment and management of complex Atlassian and ancillary product implementations
- Guiding clients through user acceptance testing
- Designing and developing product add-ons
- Working independently on small to medium projects or as a team member on larger engagements
- Managing projects and client communications
- Communicating openly with team members and management about project status, successes, risks, issues, and sales opportunities in a timely manner
We're always looking for candidates of diverse professional backgrounds and experience levels. The list below represents a minimally qualified candidate for an entry level Technical Consultant.
- University degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field of study OR unrelated University degree and two years experience in IT Service Management, software development, Quality Assurance, or related field
- Working familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Software development best practices
- Waterfall and Agile development management practices
- IT Service Management best practices, ITIL preferred
- Ability to travel as necessary to assist remote clients
- Typically 50% over the course of a year
- Projects where travel is involved typically have a mix of on-site and remote work
We will consider your specific professional experience to determine the appropriate job title from the following areas:
- Experience using and/or configuring Atlassian applications
- Certified Scrum Master
- SAFe Program Consultant
- Atlassian Certified Professional (https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification)
- Puppet Professional
- Knowledge in test case development and test management
- Software development expertise
- Java, Python, Node.js
- An understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL)
- Working knowledge of software version control systems such as Git, Subversion, Perforce, and/or Mercurial
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Background in configuration management tools (Puppet, Docker, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with cloud hosting platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Linux (preferred) and/or Windows Administration experience
Technical Consultants are exposed to ever changing, challenging client environments. Successful Technical Consultants exhibit the following:
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to a set of core values and beliefs during good times and bad, acts in line with those values. Practice what you preach.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted and is viewed as direct and truthful.
- Problem Solving – Solves difficult problems logically and with effective solutions.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself.
- Humor – Has a positive and constructive sense of humor, is appropriately funny and can use humor to ease tension.
- Discretion - Has the ability to respect sensitive information.
- Intellectual Drive – Bright and intelligent, deals with concepts and complexity with ease.
- Composure – Remains cool under pressure, does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Fast Learner – Learns skills quickly with facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, and analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
- Creative – Finds solutions and new and unique ideas, easily makes connections and tends to be seen as value-adding in brainstorming sessions.
- Proactive – Thinks ahead and prevents potential issues and problems.