HotSchedules was founded in Austin, Texas in the late 90’s by two restaurant guys who thought that managing and working for a restaurant ought to be easier. They decided to tackle one problem in particular: old-school scheduling practices. When one of them was asked to build a Website for a college project, he saw an opportunity to put an end to the persistent paper-schedules and back-and-forth phone calls. He developed a site that let employees log-on and view their schedule from their computers. It was a huge hit and a company was born*. Today, HotSchedules provides the most loved, followed and used employee scheduling and labor management solution in the restaurant industry. Over the years, we’ve proudly earned the trust of more than 1.2 million managers, owners, operators, servers, line cooks, bussers and bartenders. Our employee scheduling software is used by companies of all shapes and sizes, from huge franchise operations down to independent mom and pops and pretty much everyone in between. But the leadership team recognized that the picture wasn’t complete. After all, there’s a lot more to successfully running a restaurant than managing labor. So, when the opportunity to partner with other industry-leading companies, including Macromatix (back-office management), Schoox (e-learning management system) and the Manager’s Red Book (shift and task management) came up – it was a no-brainer. For a short while, we called ourselves Red Book Connect (and if you heard of it, well, yay! Some of that expensive marketing paid off!), but it wasn’t long before we realized that the name most people recognized and had come to love was HotSchedules. In 2015, we decided to go back to the HotSchedules namesake. We also decided to strengthen our portfolio with two game-changing products: Jobsabi, the hottest referral-based recruiting tool in the restaurant industry, and Bodhi, which integrates and delivers all your data on a “silver platform”. In a lot of ways, this year feels like we’re just getting started. What was once a small Austin office filled with people working in their gym clothes is now a global family working hard (sometimes still in their sweats) to make our products amazing for everyone. One thing is for sure, we’re looking forward to what the next decade has in store and in continuing to deliver on our mission, our purpose and our values.
HotSchedules is currently seeking an Account Executive to join our team. The candidates will serve as the direct sales point of contact to existing customers & industry brands with 6-150 locations within an assigned territory. This position will also focus on developing and selling existing & new opportunities to accounts within their segment. The position will work closely with key stakeholders within organizations to sell new brand based customers passed to the AE team from our Business Dev team and drive sales cycles to close new sales solution opportunities.
Responsibilities as an Account Executive:
- Aggressively prospect into assigned existing brands locations with a consultative sales approach
- Have defined account plan and penetration goals by quarter for each customer
- Develop brand references that you leverage in selling
- Be detailed oriented, our ability to track the account penetration rates will be a key KPI for this position
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from qualifying interest to closing the deal.
- Provide excellent service and support to your prospects and customers.
- Maintain a weekly sales forecast and achieve (or surpass) your quarterly quota.
- Ability to position Return on Investment (ROI) and reinforce value through a sales cycle
- Be a self-starter that is wildly curios
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of Software Sales experience desired
- Strong professional sales expertise to include the sales process and sales techniques
- A proven track record of achieving/exceed monthly and quarterly revenue quotas on a consistent basis
- Proven ability to communicate technical info to a non-technical audience
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Energetic, creative, organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to deliver on business commitments
- 4-year college degree
- Restaurant operations experience or experience selling into restaurants preferred.
Performance for an Account Executive will be measured by:
- Achieving or surpassing quarterly and annual quota
- Product knowledge and the ability to calculate and present ROI to prospects
- Maintaining healthy activity schedules, including call volumes, net new product pipeline, sales forecasting, and quota pacing.
- Demonstrating a passion for customers and a commitment to service
Well-known across the globe for bringing the restaurant, retail and hospitality industries to the Cloud with our pioneering web & mobile products, superior customer service – and the people who make this happen.
Our Values: Because they are important to us!
Service – We come from the service industry, and like you, we know that great service is the only thing that keeps customers coming back.
Creativity – Not sure how to get that project done? We don’t let “the way we’ve always done it” get our way. We value out of the box thinkers who have fresh ways to address challenges!
Family – When you’re here, you’re family. When it’s time to go home, we respect your work-life balance so you can be with your real family.
Fun – In between (and even during) all the hard work, we like to have a lot of fun! From inter-office video contests to fitness challenges, happy hours and Friday lunches, we keep it awesome.
Humility – Humility starts at the top and flows throughout. It’s about responsibility, acknowledging mistakes and never forgetting our humble beginnings.
Learn more about us, our story and how we became a part of the HotSchedules family of products and services. Visit the About Us page on HotSchedules.com