HomeAway, Inc., an Expedia brand based in Austin, Texas, is the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, with sites representing over 1.2 million paid listings of vacation rental homes in 190 countries. Through HomeAway, owners and property managers offer an extensive selection of vacation homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, including more room to relax and added privacy, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. The HomeAway portfolio includes the leading vacation rental websites HomeAway.com, VRBO.com and VacationRentals.com in the United States; HomeAway.co.uk and OwnersDirect.co.uk in the United Kingdom; HomeAway.de in Germany; Abritel.fr and Homelidays.com in France; HomeAway.es and Toprural.es in Spain; AlugueTemporada.com.br in Brazil; HomeAway.com.au and Stayz.com.au in Australia; and Bookabach.co.nz in New Zealand. Asia Pacific short-term rental site, travelmob.com, is also owned by HomeAway.HomeAway also operates BedandBreakfast.com, the most comprehensive global site for finding bed-and-breakfast properties, providing travelers with another source for unique lodging alternatives to chain hotels.
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1 million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
We are looking for EDW/DataEngineers to join our data services team, which is focused on enabling advanced analytics supporting product and business teams. As a data Engineer on EDW data services team,you will focus on making rich datasets/solutions available, understandable and extensible for several business and product teams in the company. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong EDW engineering background, product and business acumen to deliver scalable technical solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics at HomeAway.
What we look for:Flawless Execution, Engineering Excellence, Tech Savvy, Business & Product acumen, Creative Problem solver
- Build and support scalable and durable data solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics atHomeAway using both traditional (SQL server) and modern DW technologies (Hadoop,Spark, Cloud, NoSQL etc.) in an agile manner
- Support HomeAway’s product and business team’s specific data and reporting needs on a global scale
- Close partnership with internal partners from Engineering, product, and business (Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing etc.).
- Bachelor’s or Master’sDegree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 8+ years of EDW development experience including 2+ years in Big data space (i.e. building data pipelines in Hadoop), working with Petabytes of data
- Proven technical lead using technologies such as SQL server (or any relational DB), Hadoop, Cassandra,Java, Python, Spark, Hive and Kafka.
- Experience with of all aspects of data systems (both Big data and traditional) including database design, ETL, aggregation strategy, performance optimization
- Capable of working closely with business and product teams to ensure data solutions are aligned with business initiatives and are of high quality
- Experience in eCommerce orInternet industry preferred.
- Great Medical & Dental Plans
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Target Annual Bonus
- 4 weeks Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Discount Plan
- Discounted vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Free drinks & snacks
- Weekly company update talks with our leadership team
- Free Listing on HomeAway.com
- Discounted Metro Bus & Rail pass
- Electronic adjustable stand up desk
- Casual dress code
Global Shared Services (99)
13 - HomeAway.com, Inc.
Charge Out Manager