Content Maintenance Architect at Pluralsight (Remote)
Pluralsight is the technology workforce development company that helps teams build better products by knowing more and working better together. Using our Skills and Flow products, teams can develop critical skills, improve processes and gain insights through data.
We build this exciting product ecosystem by working with smart people and uniting behind a passion for what tech can create. We're a group of good-natured, nimble go-getters dedicated to helping people and businesses build better with technology. That means when we see opportunities to create, we go for it. We don't let the unknown stop us from solving challenges and winning together. And most importantly, we treat each other like adults. If you can see possibilities where others see problems, have candid conversations to ensure all voices are heard and thrive in a collaborative environment, you'll do some of the best work of your career here.
As a Content Maintenance Architect, your primary focus will be to maintain sophisticated training tools in a variety of content mediums that will provide a path of education to our ever-growing student base. These content mediums include (but are not limited to) video lessons, live lab environments, quizzes, study guides, and practice exams. Assuring continued student success is of the utmost importance and you will play a huge part in that!
Who you're committed to being:
Do you have strong technical skills, across different technologies and domains, including at least one of AWS, Azure, or GCP? We are looking for experts in a wide range of topics such as networking, storage, cloud architecture, DevOps, and security. If you have an understanding of content production processes and standards for QA validation as well as a thorough understanding of andragogy principles and how to implement them in content (ie storytelling, use of analogies, etc to demonstrate concepts) Then we are looking for you!
In this role, we need a contributor that is deeply familiar with diagramming tools and has the ability to use those tools to tell a story. We are also seeking individuals that possess a passion for mentoring others, willingness to collaborate with the team to continually grow and improve, and is empathetic and supportive of peers.
What you'll own:
- Maintain engaging and creative course materials that include real-world, hands-on and scenario-driven content crafted to prepare our students to meet their educational and professional goals.
- Collaborate with Content Quality Architects in identifying remediative content.
- Own outcomes through consistently meeting or exceeding content rating OKRs set out by leadership, and optimize workflow to continue to champion the success of our customers.
- Understand and apply our andragogical principles in all content.
- Regularly collaborate and engage with peers and other divisions throughout the content maintenance process to deliver market-leading content.
- Maintain content in accordance with standards and processes within assigned project timelines and schedules.
- Maintain high-quality, engaging content in collaboration with mentorship from Senior and Principal Training Architects.
- Participate in course maintenance activities as assigned.
- Contribute to daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and other team meetings.
- Optimally uses written, verbal, and visual communication to facilitate technical discussion and share ideas.
- Build meaningful relationships across teams to support problem-solving and knowledge-sharing.
Experience you'll need:
- Applied IT experience of 3 or more years
- Applied experience with cloud services + implementation
- Mixed background in technology, particular to cloud services/deployment/ops (Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Held a technical position with responsibilities in a business function focusing on cloud services/development (systems engineerings, architect, consultancy, etc.)
- Proven [relevant technology] experience or willingness to up-skill in this area
- At least one current relevant certification in any Cloud space