OJO Labs was founded on the belief that complex decision making could be made better through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. Our company has developed a unique, AI-based technology that combines natural language processing, machine learning, and human support. The offering allows for consumers to gain a better understanding of the market as well as their own wants and needs prior to interacting with an expert.
The first big decision we’re tackling is homebuying and selling. We are building an end-to-end real estate platform which provides consumers personalized guidance throughout their journey, readying them to make meaningful connections with experts. In addition, we provide brokers, agents, and loan officers warm and informed introductions to consumers, along with the tools to support a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries while setting a new standard for engagement between people, information, and companies.
About the Marketing Team
The OJO Labs Marketing team is creative, analytical, and passionate about our business, our craft, and our pets; we’re a small and growing high-impact team. We aim to always keep the needs, wants, and goals of consumers at the forefront of every decision we make, through insightful, compelling storytelling, that fuses the head and the heart. We influence with deep, quantitative analyses, wrapped in the context of qualitative insights. Every member on the team has their own domain knowledge and subject matter expertise, creating the opportunity and responsibility for ownership and deep collaboration on company wide initiatives.
OJO Labs is looking for a Copywriter/Copy editor with strong opinions about serial commas, ampersands, and em dashes to tell our story across a variety of channels. As a member of the Marketing Team, you’ll help set the voice and tone of OJO while writing and concepting for ads, marketing, and web content.
We are looking for a writer who can think broadly and strategically about how marketing copy and content fit into the larger narrative of the brand. The ideal person also has experience working with performance marketing teams to drive measurable business results. This role requires a strong command of grammar and style, as well as desire to create processes that help non-writers easily access and implement accurate messaging.
What you'll do:
- Write engaging, compelling copy for a variety of marketing materials, products, and communication channels
- Generate new concepts for marketing campaigns, customer communications, and pieces of written collateral
- Iterate and optimize copy to improve the performance of ads, emails, and web pages
- Extend and maintain brand guidelines and content style guide
- Copyedit both short- and long-form copy to maintain brand voice
- Proofread all final assets
- Collaborate with partners across departments to understand goals, develop solutions, and execute projects efficiently
What we need from you:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communicator who can articulate best practices and grammar and style choices
- Experience partnering with Design, Marketing, and Product to craft refined copy and execute efficiently
- Ability to proactively manage time and deadlines while comfortably juggling multiple projects at once
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
Who is OJO?
We are an Austin-based, technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in Austin, TX, Minneapolis, MN, San Mateo, CA, Chicago, IL and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 300 employees globally. We are continuously named a Top Place to Work and have recently been named to the Inc. Best Places to Work list for the second year in a row. Backed by top-tier VC’s and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and everyone on our team has a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home through September 2021, and will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.