Lead Writer & Content Creator
As a passionate storyteller, the Lead Writer & Content Creator will partner with other functions of the Marketing team to write compelling assets across a variety of formats, all designed to contribute to and positively impact the entire business. The Lead Writer will help us tell stories about our product, our customers, and our market as we continually focus on improved product adoption, customer retention, and new customer growth.
As one of the most exciting start-up companies in Austin, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations keep their people safe, informed, and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Write! AlertMedia has amazing stories to tell.
- Create/write thoughtful, evergreen content to support marketing efforts including web copy, blog posts, emails, white papers, sales and customer success collateral, press releases, internal reference documents, articles for industry publications, presentation decks, and more
- Compile research from a variety of sources in order to write accurate, engaging, and relevant content
- Work with internal stakeholders on their content needs, helping them execute on their content strategies across a variety of programs and campaigns
- Please note, a cover letter and work samples are required upon application for this position
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on communications, marketing, business, or English preferred
- 2+ years of Marketing or related experience preferred (If you’re an amazing writer without experience, tell us why you’d great a great fit for this role!)
- Ability to change writing style based on the intended audience and content goals
- Strong editor with outstanding attention to detail and excellent understand of correct grammatical conventions
- Must be comfortable working closely with teammates to help them execute their content strategy
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes a plus
- A strong passion for serving and understanding customers
- Roll-up-your-sleeves approach with a willingness to take on "non-role-specific" marketing duties as needed to support the team and business
- Experience working with PR/Media initiatives a plus
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options – be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits – medical, dental, vision, and life insurance 100% paid for employees
- Company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.