L&OD Content Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an L&D Content Specialist. This position is responsible for collaborating with business units/functions/divisions and leadership to determine learning & development needs in support of organizational goals. Based on needs analysis, this position will work with leaders, subject matter experts and/or external vendors to develop and create and implement learning solutions that measurably improve performance.What You’ll Do
- Build learning curriculum with a long term view of learning needs as they relate to the L&D strategy and functional capabilities framework.
- Develop training programs using sound instructional design principles and in a variety of formats appropriate for the topics.
- Evaluate modes of delivery to ensure training is engaging, practical yet impactful, and cost-effective.
- Maintain and update training curriculum, course material and delivery methods as needed.
- Provide project management of specific learning programs as needed.
- Create valid assessment tools to measure behavior change as it relates to performance.
- Schedules and coordinates learning activities.
- Supports and maintains the team Learning Management Systems.
- Continuously discover and implement new learning techniques and industry best practices to maximize efficiency and drive learning
- Consult with department leaders, subject matter experts, and project leaders to provide subject matter expertise and identify professional and leadership development opportunities at the role, team, function, or organizational level. Consult with stakeholders regarding technical/functional development as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience designing and facilitating professional and leadership development programs and/or managing a large scale program.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in building and managing eLearning and online training content using authoring tools or similar applications.
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Experience in a SaaS and eCommerce industry a definite plus.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Proficiency in multiple content creation software. 2 years of Microsoft, Articulate, & Adobe suites preferred.
- Confidence and courage to work with all internal and external stakeholders; from C-Suite to individual contributor