Join the LegalZoom team and grow your career with one of the hottest companies in Austin. LegalZoom.com is changing the way Americans handle common legal matters. By delivering affordable and effective legal solutions online, we’re making the benefits of the law available to everyone.
While our culture is relaxed and fun, we are a performance-driven organization with great opportunities for career building, training and advancement. We offer a competitive salary, full health and dental benefits, stock options, and an employer-matched 401(k). If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards talent and dedication, then please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We are currently seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our growing Intellectual Property team. The Patent Illustrator will use their mechanical and drafting knowledge/skills to prepare Patent Illustrations using CAD software for submission to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Responsible for creating Patent illustrations using computer programs (AutoCAD and SpaceClaim) that meet the requirements and standards of the USPTO.
- Responsible for accurately depicting invention disclosures and product characteristics by producing a variety of assembly drawings and detailed drawings.
- The job requires the use of mechanical knowledge and drafting aptitude to create drawings ranging from simple Flow charts to complicated Mechanical Views.
- Accurate drawings are time sensitive and will need to be completed in a timely manner.
- 2-3+ years drafting and mechanical experience.
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Experience with a 3D Modelling Software (SpaceClaim software will be taught on-sight)
- Knowledge of isometric, orthographic and sectional views and construction thereof.
- Mechanical/technical illustration experience.
- Must be deadline-oriented and mechanically-inclined.
- Strong attention to detail and good visualization skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with highly motivated team members.
- Ability to perform in a self-managed environment -- must be a self-starter.
- Proven focus on teamwork.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Prior Patent Illustration experience.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks SpaceClaim and/or the Adobe Suite of products.
LegalZoom.com was founded by a team of top attorneys, including celebrity attorney Robert Shapiro. As a young and fast-growing company, we offer tremendous opportunities for personal advancement in a casual but fast-paced environment. Our office is located in Austin, TX and our corporate headquarters are in Los Angeles, CA.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.