Senior Content Manager at Shipwell
Senior Content Manager
Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the defacto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
What you’ll do when you get here:
We are looking for a Senior Content Manager with 7+ years of experience of developing content and copy in the B2B SaaS space to join our growing marketing team. In this role you will manage content for our owned channels end-to-end from, from setting the strategy and calendar to drafting engaging, on-brand collateral. You will collaborate closely with the product and sales teams with a broad scope of work, ranging from campaign and owned channel copy, to technical writing, and sales collateral.
- Responsible for defining and executing our owned channel strategy including social and blog to drive awareness and engagement with core customers
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with our core audience in a succinct and digestible language
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of products and services, revising evergreen content and developing new content and needed
- Aid in development of appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts in partnership with our graphic design and campaign strategy team
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing, product marketing, and sales marketing collateral
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables, revise copy based on stakeholder feedback
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Ability to work independently and with a larger creative team to meet deadlines, develop cohesive concepts across copy and design
- Previous technical writing experience
- Experience writing both long form (owned channels and web) and short form (digital, paid media) content
- Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the rules of composition and grammar
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
What is Preferred:
- Experience in shipping or logistics industry is a plus
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- In house experience preferred, but not required
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teledoc, STD, LTD, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.