About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion.Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers to define broad requirements and product goals, with localization efforts at the forefront of your approach.
- Refine copy in prototypes of various fidelity to validate new product concepts.
- Relentlessly champion the user experience by defining a broad language strategy within our digital experiences .
- Identify copy-related usability issues for upcoming feature releases and collaboratively align on a solution.
- Tackle fiendishly complex UX copy problems and provide clarity for the team as you break them down into viable, user-centered solutions.
- Analyze engagement metrics on in-flight pilots, and rapidly iterate the copy strategy with an eye towards constant improvement.
- Partner with our marketing organization to embed the proper voice and tone of H-E-B in to all of our digital products and interfaces.
- Be the fountain of knowledge - keep the company in sync with digital copy guidelines: voice, tone, content localization, digital FAQ needs and dependencies, etc.
Why is it awesome? You will…
- Help build and apply digital language styles, standards and processes across the Product & Design team
- Have the freedom to define how UX content writing and strategy operates at H-E-B Digital
- Have huge opportunity for growth. H-E-B Digital is on the way up, creating exceptional career paths for exceptional product & design talent
What is your background?
Do you have what it takes to succeed?
- Enthusiasm for H-E-B values and the H-E-B Digital mission
- A deep understanding of how different connected devices impact user experience, and how user experiences lace together across different platforms
- Exceptional strength in consumer software products, with emphasis on mobile first – both native and web apps
- Mastery of of the English language. Bonus points for the ability to write and speak Spanish.
- Different gears for different challenges—ability to quickly and smoothly transition from concepts and ideation to detailed execution
- Can see the forest through the trees—you find simple solutions for complex problems
- Embrace and thrive in high paced, lean startup cultures
- Firm believer in the power of design thinking and the energy to evangelize it within the company
- Always on top of the latest technologies and industry trends
**This position is in Austin, Texas**