Sr. Technical Writer
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
As a Senior Technical Writer, you’ll be embedded in product teams to tackle complex problems and produce helpful, informative guides for our customers. You’ll set the example for best practices in user-centered technical writing amongst your peers as part of our cross-functional UX team.
- Produce high-quality, long-form technical content to guide and educate customers based on research, partnering with subject matter experts, and using the product.
- Help build our terminology list and other foundational team tools. Embrace and help refine our voice, tone, and writing principles.
- Partner with our UX devs on shaping our content management system.
- Create well written user-centered notifications for a technical audience (release notes, alerts, announcements).
- Own and drive projects independently, while sharing your work frequently in critiques.
- Partner with UX researchers and QA to explore and test content.
- Advocate for the customer in all aspects of your job.
- Work at both a detailed level and a strategic level.
- Experience exploring a customer’s problem space and addressing their needs through documentation.
- Exceptional audience analysis, written and verbal communication, and problem solving.
- Strong grasp of user experience fundamentals.
- Portfolio of writing samples. Must include an example that demonstrates your skill at communicating technical content to customers.
Bonus Points (3-5 maximum bullet points)
- Knowledge of and experience with technical audiences, cybersecurity, and startups strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to make complex technical subjects easy to comprehend.
- Passion for seizing opportunities for improvement at every turn.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.