As an AlertMedia Technical Writer you will have a primary role in creating and maintaining accurate, engaging, user-friendly documentation about our product, integrations, and API. You’ll be working to improve the end-user experience by providing just-in-time documentation for new features and ensuring existing documentation remains current when there are significant changes in the product. As a part of the Product team, you’ll always be up to date on what everyone is working on and will work alongside Product and Engineering to ensure all use cases are well documented. Best of all, you’ll be part of AlertMedia’s amazing culture and an important contributor to AlertMedia’s rapid growth.
Who you are:
You are highly skilled at communicating complex concepts in straightforward terms for non-technical audiences. Collaborating with people across different functions comes naturally to you, and you are great at listening to feedback on your work in an ego-less manner and learning from it. You know what needs to be done and in what order because you understand the impact your work will have. You have a genuine passion for making people’s lives easier by presenting information in a simple, easy-to-follow manner.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of our product, API, and integrations
- Embed yourself in the daily activity of the Product & Engineering organization, and identify opportunities for new and updated documentation
- Quickly learn complex concepts and present them in a simple, straightforward way
- Gain deep understanding of feature use cases and build documentation to support them
- Become a subject matter expert end-to-end about AlertMedia’s product and its intended uses
- Prioritize your work based on the impact it will have on helping users get the most value out of our product
- Efficiently and thoroughly address feedback on content
- Develop a guide for consistent language and tone
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure the accuracy of customer-facing content related to the product
- Build and maintain a tight partnership with Customer Success to ensure the documentation answers the real questions users have
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- BA/BS in Technical Communication or related discipline, or at least three years of experience in writing complex documentation for B2B software
- Experience owning end-to-end product documentation creation and ongoing management of that content
- Strong writing and revision skills
- Ability to judge the impact of your work, and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, including willingness and ability to consult with subject matter experts in other departments
- Operate in an ego-less manner
- Consistently deliver quality work on schedule
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Experience managing SalesForce Communities
- Familiarity with API documentation
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options - Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 4 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.