Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Bold is looking for a full-time Technical Writer to help build developer API documentation and guides for our customers, partners, and developers looking to build with Bold. You will be responsible for creating and updating technical documentation that will provide customers, partners, and developers resources to be able to use and integrate with our applications and APIs. You will play a key role in establishing Bold’s enterprise and developer documentation, proactively helping create an amazing partner and developer experience.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, set standards, edit, and produce accurate and effective technical documentation for Bold products, explaining technical concepts in clear language at a level that is appropriate for the document audience
- Write easy-to-understand developer guides, online help, and user interface text
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, Design, QA, Support and other members of the team to ensure quality and accuracy of content
- Understand technical writing concepts, processes, and authoring tools, using that knowledge to help build and maintain our process for technical writing
What we’re looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- Commitment to hitting tight deadlines and enjoying owning a project from start to finish
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and flexibility and openness to change
- An individual that can research and learn about technical products quickly and speak to them in a knowledgeable manner
- Relevant experience in writing technical API documentation for enterprise products and software
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation for a technical audience
- Experience with API documentation tools (i.e. Swagger)
- Experience writing code using server side language such as PHP, Go, Node, or Ruby
- Experience with frontend technologies such as React
- Familiarity with Git
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!
Read Full Job Description