Video Editor at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce 2021"Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Marketing focused Video Editor to join our Creative Services team. As a Video Editor for our Austin Four Points Office, you will support a variety of initiatives through video content post-production. You will play a vital role in the creation, production, editing and development of “how to” videos, onboarding experiences, sharing merchant success stories and animating content to engage audiences in new ways. You should be capable of completing a concept end to end and juggling multiple projects. You can ideate, write, produce, direct, shoot and edit your work. This cross-functional role will support the entire company by creating internal and external videos to promote BigCommerce and create storytelling content for existing and potential customers.What You’ll Do
- Strategic and creative thinker with understanding of the importance of audiences and targeting customers with the content most relevant for them.
- Experience with creating motion graphics, digital storytelling, photography and other creative techniques to develop and build valuable content.
- Write and collaborate with experts on scripts and content for varied audiences (prospects, customers, agency partners, and internal).
- Execute video content strategy through ideation, planning, production, editing and publishing processes.
- Create effective content for multiple channel outputs, including digital, social media, eLearning, YouTube and events.
- Self-shoot and direct as needed.
- Maintain editing standards to ensure consistency in quality, look, feel and tonality for all digital and video assets.
- Manipulate and repurpose current static creative assets for video (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Assist with video production, setup lighting, sound and operate camera as needed.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to execute multi-faceted creative concepts
- Intake technical information and provide instructional material that is clear and concise.
- Manage your workload and capacity to work within our established processes, coordinating and communicating with Project Managers.
- 1-3 years of experience in video strategy and production.
- High skill level in the Adobe Creative Cloud; Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of audio recording and voice over application, record sound and familiarity with sourcing music and assembly editing.
- Strong editing skills, social media proficiency, proven ability to work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to self-shoot using different cameras.
- Creative ability to use digital storytelling, photography, animation, motion graphics and other techniques to build valuable content.
- Ability to collaborate with instructional designers, copywriters, graphic designers, editors, marketers and leadership to execute multi-faceted creative concepts.
- Excellent problem-solving and organization skills with a good eye for detail and focus on consistency and technical accuracy.
- Strong independent thinking and judgment skills.
- Knowledge of video codecs, formats, and web standards, color correction, audio mixing, music selection, knowledge of the principles, techniques, technology and standards of video production and shot composition.
- Google Apps, other ecommerce resources, Salesforce or related products experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of the BigCommerce platform is a plus.
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.