Customer Engagement Marketing Manager
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017 is looking for a Customer Engagement Marketing Manager to join our team! The Customer Engagement Marketing Manager will help develop and execute marketing strategies and initiatives focused on the customer experience and maximizing customer lifetime value. You will drive customer engagement and loyalty through revenue generation and retention programs, working closely with business partners in Sales, Partner, Finance, Product, and other members of the Marketing team.
Our ideal candidate is a driven, forward-thinking marketer who can quickly gain a deep understanding of our customers’ journey and translate that into delivering the right message to the right customer at the right time.
What you’ll do
- Think about customer behavior and wade through customer data to identify trends in the data and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Utilize strong analytical abilities and effective communication skills to lead data-driven customer relationship management initiatives across owned channels.
- Own the strategy development of our customer journey from onboarding to activation and retention.
- Monitor and improve key KPIs: revenue retention, percent active, ARPU, revenue from cross-sell and NPS.
- Continually help define customer segmentation and optimize channels (email, on site, and customer service) for each segment.
- Optimize the customer journey, developing onboarding and activation strategies for key features and partners, including pre-emptive strategies to retain customers and revenue.
- Partner with Marketing Analytics and FP&A to analyze campaigns and socialize the results.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Partner Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Product and Design to drive projects to completion.
Who you are
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with customer engagement, loyalty, relationship marketing or related marketing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, a related discipline or equivalent working experience
- Additional desirable skills
- Familiarity with the principles of CRM and ABM
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Understanding of Net Promoter Score
- Ability to create data request and to work with analyst to get desired results
- Ability to manage through uncertainty and incomplete data
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Analytical - Superior analytical skills and well versed in the use of data, content, and technology to influence consumer behavior
- Driven - Ability to manage multiple projects, drive hard to completion and deliver effective results in a fast-paced environment while being under tight deadlines.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Collaborative - You must have demonstrated success working cross-functionally, outstanding program management skills, and the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key internal partners across Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales. Walk us through your best work and results.
- Comfortable using Technology - Advanced computer skills, particularly with regard to spreadsheets and ability to sort data and create pivot tables from raw data. Ability to create presentations using Google slides.
- Master Communicator - Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to flex your style to relate sophisticated concepts to an entry level customer service agent or C-suite executive as needed.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Three especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events