Director of IT Financial Applications at Q2 (Austin, TX)
We’re looking for an IT Director for financial applications!
Q2 is a fun, fast growing company that is always looking for innovative opportunities to scale. As such, we’re looking to hire somebody that can manage a team of technical and business analysts to implement and maintain applications that support our finance and accounting teams.
Here's who we’re looking for:
You have a solid technical core with a deep understanding of how ERP systems work and interact across various applications and integrations. You can balance a team across both production, day-to-day support, as well as setting the longer term project and enhancement roadmap for improvements to support the business users. You also have a good understanding of accounting and finance business processes. You may not be able to personally close the books and build the forecast, but you understand the users processes well enough to collaborate with them on finding the optimal technology solutions to simplify and streamline their processes.
You work well with people and are great at developing relationships across all levels of the organization. You are an effective leader and developer of talent and you have demonstrated success in building high performing teams. You understand the potential of technology and automation, and can turn that understanding into practical results and improvements for the users. Ultimately you know how to solve problems and get results, and you have a great sense of humor and love collaborating in the process!
If you were working for Q2 today, here are some things you would have done recently:
- Collaborated with your business partners in reviewing a potential new vendor’s technology to assess its fit within the Q2 application ecosystem
- Met with other IT leaders to share updates and review operational roadmaps, project statuses and interlocks across the ecosystem
- Reviewed open NetSuite cases with their support lead to coordinate testing between both parties, and coordinated with your NetSuite counterpart to plan our annual performance review of our ERP system
- Led stand-up meetings to review your team’s active sprint board and collaborated with key business partners in reviewing the backlog and prioritizing tasks for the next scheduled sprint
- Performed an analysis on the current finance & accounting technology ecosystem and presented findings and recommendations to business leadership in the form of a multi-year roadmap
- Performed a resource capacity assessment based on current & projected work for your team and worked with talent acquisition to develop effective sourcing strategies
- Conducted a screening of a potential new employee to assess technical fit against Q2’s software stack along with cultural fit against Q2’s core competencies
- Hosted 1x1s with members of your team to provide performance feedback and discuss individual development plans
- Met with the SOX manager to review status of monthly/quarterly IT governance controls
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, or related field and a minimum of 12 years related experience; or advanced degree with 8+ years of experience;
- 5-7+ years in a leadership role; managing and developing employees
- Experience with back office ERP systems – NetSuite preferred, Oracle or SAP financial experience also considered
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Passion for influencing and creating positive change
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.