Analytics Analyst at BigCommerce
Here at BigCommerce, we are always on the lookout for top talent. The position you are applying for is in a high growth area of our business but may not be active at this time. So please note, when you apply for this position you will receive a response but will not receive feedback on your application until the position is active. In the meantime, the best way to stay up to date with BigCommerce, our career opportunities, and our plans to redefine the e-commerce industry is to join our global talent network, BigNetwork.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an Analyst to help create data-driven insights and infrastructure in our rapidly growing company.What You’ll Do
- Provide analysis for BigCommerce’s business units, to both technical and non-technical customers.
- Gather business requirements, extract and collate necessary data from disparate systems to answer business questions.
- Develop, deliver and communicate data insights and recommendations in a clear and concise manner, verbally and in written form.
- Maintain reporting infrastructure to make recommendations for improvements in regards to automation and documentation for the benefit of the entire Analytics team.
- Develop, automate, and document descriptive Analytics throughput via Jira/ Confluence, always looking for opportunities to help the team improve their processes.
- Partner closely with Data Solutions colleagues to share best practices and generate ideas that improve workflows for all technical teams at BigCommerce.
- Play a critical role in establishing best practices for data documentation and leading the team’s efforts to scale in this area.
- Maintain a curious, systems thinking mindset to seek new and improved ways to visualize data sets.
- 1-2 years experience writing SQL (required) to analyze large datasets and answer business questions with a knack for documenting best practices / queries / FAQs.
- 1-2 years working with data in a business or financial analytics role, or equivalent academic background.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Computer Science.
- Proven expertise with data visualization tools and techniques required (Tableau, Looker, and/or Sisense specifically preferred)
- Experience with eCommerce and/or SaaS subscription models and related metrics a major plus
- Exposure to Python or similar scripting or programming languages a plus, not required
- Evangelize for data-driven decision making and quantify impacts of business decisions with a positive, patient servant leader attitude.
- A thoughtful communicator who earns trust and builds strong working relationships across departments. while selflessly facilitating knowledge transfer throughout the organization.
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable seeking to understand business context driving data requests and collaborating on best practices.
- Team player (required), ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and analytical with excellent time-management skills.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings