Analytics Consultant - Clinical Performance at Bright Health
- Develop queries, collect/analyze data and structure data in a way that informs leaders of Utilization Management, Case Management and Care Navigation program performance.
- Accountable for delivering daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly operational and programmatic reports for clinical programs, ideally within self-service tools.
- Coordinate with Product and Tech to support outcomes reporting for Care Management programs.
- Build reporting capabilities to monitor program performance.
- Support inquiries/hypothesis testing from Clinical Performance leadership.
- Develop reporting dashboards for new clinical programs or campaigns.
- Acts as subject matter expert on clinical program data and program performance.
- Provide creative recommendations for querying/presenting data that guides decision making.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Two (2) or more years of analytics experience required.
- One (1) or more years of health care industry experience preferred.
- Experience working with medical claims highly preferred.
- Expertise with at least one of the following analytic tools: SQL, Tableau, Excel/VBA, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Experience in interpreting data analytics, outcomes measures in health care and use of that data to drive change.
- Takes a creative approach to audience-facing dashboard and reporting, establishing ease of access and data manipulation by end user.
- Ability to drive results through data, in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to visualize data using self service tools, such as Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
- Comfort managing multiple timely priorities to support program needs. Flexible and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, establish working relationships, and communicate effectively.
- Combines creativity with analytical and technical skills when working to solve a problem.
- Strong operational mindset and use of data to draw insights; when applicable data is not available, have the ability to gather all available information to support an approach and devise steps to measure the impact of clinical programs.
- Experience in leveraging data and technology to solve problems or improve processes.
- Bias toward action; sense of urgency, self-initiative, and ownership of work.