Application Analyst - Expert at Q2
Q2 is a fun, fast growing company that is always looking for innovative opportunities to scale. As such, we’re looking to hire somebody that can help us implement and maintain software that are utilized by our Finance & Accounting business partners.
Here's who we’re looking for:
You’re the type of person that listens first and talks second in order to fully understand your business partners pain points and needs. You are meticulous in documenting requirements, use cases, and test results. Few others rival your attention to detail. You understand the importance of developing relationships across all levels of the organization. You love working with technology and embrace self-learning. You know how to solve problems and get results! You have a great sense of humor and love collaborating with teammates.
If you were working for Q2 today, here are some things you would have done recently:
- Tracked operational and project work in Jira / Salesforce
- Supported end-users in multiple functions of NSPB (formerly PBCS; Oracle's EPM Cloud product)
- Developed a model for your Finance business partners to utilize to forecast complex revenue subscriptions
- Translated Excel based formulas into NSPB to build a balance sheet model used for reporting historical as well as projected values
- Written SOX controls for our FP&A team and reviewed them with our business owners for the NS PB tool and the integrations that are used
- Performed SOX controls and entered key artifacts for certification in AuditBoard
- Updated alternate dimensional hierarchies based on business input
- Engaged other IT teammates to set up and run backups to a VM
- Collaborated with your IT peers to build API based integration to acquire upstream information like employee rosters.
- Set maintenance jobs and confirmed overall system health
- Helped provision new users including troubleshooting SmartView access
- Constructed training material for the user community inclusive of the FP&A team and outside the core users as we extend to the Q2 management at large
- Gathered requirements and created KPIs and Dashboards
- Worked with business to extend our statistical data used in business rule calculations
- Helped our users understand the native forecasting capabilities to enhance the FP&A team's ability to forecasting
- Helped to build or maintain scripts or business rules and promoted them to production using change management processes
- Worked with Oracle & NetSuite support on open issues
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, or related field
- 12+ years of experience in finance & accounting application administration with applicable certifications or 8+ years of experience with advanced degree
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on producing high quality presentations & artifacts using tools like MS Office and Lucidchart
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Passion for influencing and creating positive change
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.