ESO is searching for an innovative customer-focused person to join our EMS software product team and build amazing data-centric software for emergency medical services. Our Business Analysts have a major role in product direction from soup to nuts - in other words, requirements gathering and documentation, agile user story creation, customer satisfaction, and support of our software. This includes improving existing products as well as the formation of new products and finding new ways to leverage our strengths to improve healthcare that we haven’t even thought of yet.
You will participate in all phases of product development from market and strategy to implementation and launch. A great day in this position will involve your individual contributions to several different product initiatives at various stages of their life.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management you will be part of our Product team based in our Austin, Texas office.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
You have strong, demonstrable client-facing skills… in other words, you have to make sense to the people around you. You will be able to understand customer needs, assign value to them – and drive them into your product. You have a clear understanding of how data can change the world and how you can harness that power and how our customers can benefit from it.
We are looking for experience with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development principles. Special credit goes to those with expert knowledge of our tools of choice: Confluence, Jira, Figma, Miro, and Salesforce.
You can expect to:
· Assist with business case development, competitive research, product and product strategy.
· Work with engineering teams to convert high-level product requirements into epics, user stories, and wireframes ripe for the execution phase.
· Reiterate product vision to our development team by highlighting proposed features and their business value.
· Help define releases as a collection of new/incremental features, architectural improvements, and allocations for technical debt.
· Contribute to the development process execution and assist in the creation of acceptance criteria to guide sprint and release execution.
· Integrate change management and go-to-market activities into project execution and release plans.
· Provide product subject matter expertise to ESO support and implementation staff to create a world-class customer experience.
Who You Are - the essentials
· Experience in product development at a fast-growing software company
· History working closely with design and development teams
· Significant experience authoring and managing agile user stories from the user perspective.
· Passion for making our customers' experience as amazing as possible using your creative problem-solving skills
· Proficiency with XML and XSLT
· You have strong communication skills, both written and spoken and like to have fun when working with co-workers, prospects and customers.
· Ability to work collaboratively to get results
· You are passionate about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success.
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
· Experience with National Emergency Medical Services Information System (NEMSIS) reporting
· Real life work experience with Jira and Confluence
· Agile Product Management Certification
· Web application knowledge
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description