Business Analyst - Strategy at Indeed Flex (Austin, TX)
We are Indeed Flex. We help people get jobs. Right now, we're hiring!
The current staffing model is broken, with low wages and limited opportunities. As flexible work continues to grow, we're taking a radically different approach: providing job seekers with control, ownership, and choice - so employees can find the working patterns and scenarios to suit their lifestyles. In doing so, we aim to revolutionize the industry.
After demonstrating our approach throughout the UK under the Syft brand, we were acquired by Indeed.com in 2019 and we rebranded to Indeed Flex in 2020. With continued independence and phenomenal levels of support we've been able to accelerate our mission as we expand throughout the US as well as the UK. Fast growth creates tremendous opportunities - come and join a team of inquisitive, passionate, and driven individuals helping each other grow and building something meaningful!
The role in a nutshell...
At Indeed Flex, we understand the power of data. As part of our Strategy team, you are part data savant, part storyteller, and completely technical. You will support the strategic growth, scaling, and business decisions being made here at Indeed Flex through comprehensive business intelligence, data analysis, and extensive reporting. You will work to navigate and manipulate expansive data sets from across the organization to analyze trends, and identify novel solutions to connect data in order to present larger pictures with higher clarity to stakeholders to improve our ability to strategically plan and make impactful decisions.
You will go beyond simply arranging data to complete pre-built dashboards and queries; seeking advanced data insights to develop new reports for questions that haven't been asked yet, and presenting data to key stakeholders that highlight unrealized opportunities for growth or for improvement. You will constantly seek new ways to look at data, new approaches, research best practices and create novel solutions for data analytics to help identify relevant KPIs for our transformative business. Indeed Flex is a pioneer in this space and with no predecessors to model or imitate, you will be a trailblazer, working with stakeholders to understand the business and to determine what data is relevant to meet their requirements.
You will create robust data flows, dashboards, and visualizations to create an understanding of challenges, identify operational improvement opportunities, and improve overall delivery performance and client relations. You will implement processes and key reports and benchmarks that will pave the way as Indeed Flex grows and scales significantly over the next five years. In this role, you will thrive with an ability to provide exceptional program and stakeholder management while being comfortable in an environment that is undergoing rapid scaling, change, and frequent ambiguity.
- Understand the overall data set and identify data that is key to providing insights and analytics to create relevant reporting and dashboards for business stakeholders
- Compile and analyze the company, product, and operational data - drawing insights from available data to improve market supply and demands to support company growth
- Compile and analyze company and market data to provide insights for potential enterprise clients in order to improve delivery to the clients
- Identify, propose, and implement novel company targets and key performance indicators
- Build and maintain multiple data flows from multiple sources, creating relevant documentation based on the proper understanding of Indeed Flex table and data structure
- Maintain all data flows and dashboards, drive QA activities to ensure data remains accurate and up-to-date
- Manage, build, and automate models and reporting to provide stakeholders with actionable insights on volume, conversion, efficiency, etc
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data and analyses to influence business strategy
- Identify solutions to problems we don't even know exist yet
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a role providing insights, reports, and dashboards related to business/product analytics
- Minimum, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related STEM Field of Study; Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Statistics, or Related Stem Field of Study preferred
- Proven success in creating impactful insights and storytelling through data for business processes and workflows related to Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Growth
- High level of business acumen and understanding of the Staffing industry, SaaS platforms, Mobile Applications, related functional workflows, and best practices
- High capacity to research internal business practices, understand functional processes and workflows to create novel queries and datasets to enhance business decision making
- Expertise in SQL; must have the ability to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- Highly proficient with Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Highly proficient with leveraging data for visual storytelling
- Highly proficient with development of processes that are scalable and reusable
- Proficient in breaking down large datasets and synthesizing inputs from multiple sources
- Proficient in experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Proficient with Data Pipelines/ETL Pipelines
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL is preferred
- Proficient with influencing, negotiating, and inspiring others in a fast-moving, high-growth environment
- Exceptional levels of curiosity and data savviness to make sense of data on the fly, generate ad-hoc analysis, and deliver business value at breakneck speed
- Excellent organizational abilities and high attention to detail
- Unparalleled written and verbal communication skills with the uncanny ability to create impactful, actionable insights on complex topics and data points to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- $100,000 - $120,000 annual base salary
- Joining Bonus
- Performance Based Bonus
- Retention Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k w/ Company Match
- Access to All Company and Employee Benefits
- 25 Days Annual PTO (Prorated in 1st Year) + Birthday Off
- 8 Public Holidays
- Paid Week Off Between Christmas and New Years
- Laptop and Work-From-Home Equipment
- Amazing Company Culture
- Hybrid Working Model (1-2 Days Weekly in Domain Gateway Office in Austin)
- Relocation Support Provided
- Paid Volunteer Days
You're the right fit at Indeed Flex if...
- You're a great communicator and highly collaborative. We are best when we all pull in the same direction.
- You don't mind doing the work, whatever it is - you can see the impact at the end and you're in it for the long haul.
- Data is your heart and soul - you know you need it to drive you in the right direction.
- You're proactive and always willing to learn.
- You can navigate the ambiguity and high levels of autonomy in an upscale environment - you know what we're about and want to be part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Where legally permitted, Indeed Flex requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed Flex offices or visiting Indeed Flex clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed Flex office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed Flex will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.