Business Operations Analyst at BigCommerce (Austin, TX)
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
We are seeking an Operations Analyst I to identify, recommend, implement, and test changes that will allow for scalable growth across monthly pricing adjustments, contract changes, service provisioning and billing reconciliation activities. You will be tasked with assisting in the review and examination of existing business financial processes and interface points between teams. You will examine control processes that are used to detect and/or prevent potential failures, inefficiencies and waste. A successful candidate will combine operational experience and intuition for business with a determination to drive meaningful change.What You’ll Do:
- Conduct business analyses to ensure Company & Financial Operations practices are consistent with the stated business model, mission, and standards, and that they are aligned with all applicable regulations.
- Where opportunities for improvement exist, collaborate to help build cost-effective processes and policies that will enable efficiency and effectiveness and will help attract new customers.
- Where processes and policies are updated, verify that results improve; where necessary, write updated process documentation, conduct training, and prepare automated reports showing the output of the updated process.
- Where mature processes do not exist: identify, recommend, implement, and test changes that will allow for scalable growth.
- Conduct research and analyze workflow processes to improve business procedures within Finance Operations, with an eye toward detecting and/or preventing potential failures, removing inefficiencies, and eliminating waste.
- Participate in cross-functional reviews of existing business processes and policies within the broader Company.
- Monitor practices to ensure they support improved efficiency and revenue generation.
- Meet established metrics for response time and accuracy.
- 3+ years professional experience, including 2+ years operations experience, preferably at a SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription-based company.
- Experience in Business Operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with SaaS and Agile workflows and technologies.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Zuora, and Marketo.
- Familiarity with end-to-end process design, rollout, and project management.
- Proven record using operations expertise to improve efficiency and drive productivity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.